Recipe comes from Sue A. Mertens Minick from Hazelwood, MO. She actually found this site on the internet! Turns out she is family of mine.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 can sliced mushrooms drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 6 hamburger buns or English muffins
- Brown meat and drain,
- Add tomato sauce, mushrooms, oregano, and garlic salt to the meat and mix well.
- Place the top and bottom buns on a baking sheet, inside up.
- Spoon meat mixture onto the buns or English muffins.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake until bubbly. More cheese can be added if desired.