If you have not tried the Steak and Shake Garlic Double Steakburger you are missing out on a delicious way to prepare hamburgers. Imagine combining garlic bread with a burger, well, you get the idea.
Steak and Shake is one of my favorite places to go grab a burger. Many Steak and Shake’s are open 24/7, and I love that you pay fast-food prices and you are waited on by a real server. They cook to order and it is hard to beat a freshly made hamburger.
What makes this garlic burger so special? If you have never had one of the burgers at Steak and Shake the first thing you will notice is that the burgers are smashed onto the grill. They are thin but have lots of crispy browning all over the burger. This garlic burger comes with two slices of American cheese.
So this Steak and Shake Double Garlic Burger takes a little extra work, but I think you will be very happy with the results. In the restaurant, they season the burgers as they cook, and we are going to also follow up seasoning the burgers with a burger seasoning.
We make small patties, and smash them onto the grill. We also will spread a little garlic butter on the bread and brush the tops with a little garlic butter. Then add a quick sprinkle of garlic salt on top before serving.
I like to cook my burgers on an electric skillet. If you do not have one, you can use a cast iron pan. Both the electric skillet and cast iron pan work very well.
This recipe makes 4 burgers, and you are certain to love these. You can dress your burgers with whatever you like.
Love burgers? Check out these recipes
- Burger King Whopper
- Culver’s Butter Burger
- White Castle Copycat Recipe
- Juicy Lucy
- Smashburger Buffalo
- Backyard Burger
- Chili’s Burgers
- Applebees Burger
- Frisco Burger Recipe
- McDonalds Signature Burger
Best Side Dishes for Burgers
Steak and Shake Garlic Double Steakburger
- 1 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 8 slices American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Divide ground chuck into 8 small balls. Prepare burger seasoning by combining the salt, black pepper, onion salt, and garlic salt together in a small bowl.
- Prepare the garlic butter by melting together the butter and adding the two teaspoons of minced garlic in a small saucepan. Heat melted butter for 3 to 5 minutes or until the garlic butter becomes fragrant. Brush the garlic butter onto the buns, and place the buns on the skillet to toast. Toast the buns long enough so the bread begins to brown. Brush a small amount of the butter on top of the burger and then sprinkle some garlic salt on top of the burger.
- Heat the grill or iron skillet to medium-high heat. As you place the balls of ground beef on the heated surface use a spatula to press the burgers into thin patties. Season patties with burger seasoning. When the burgers have cooked on one side, flip them over and add a slice of cheese to each patty. Stack half of the burger patties on top of the other. Place the patties onto the buns. Dress the burgers as you desire.