If you have never tried the amazing Applebees Quesadilla Burger you are in for something extraordinary. Part burger, part quesadilla, all 100% delicious. Make this amazing cheeseburger recipe in under 30 minutes!
The Applebees Quesadilla Burger has to be one of the best hamburgers you can get in a restaurant. This cheesy burger is designed for those who love Mexican food and hamburgers. Why have an ordinary hamburger when you can have a quesadilla as your bun?
What’s on this Quesadilla burger?
This burger is made from a well-seasoned ground chuck beef patties. The meat is topped with slices of Pepper Jack cheese, a delicious Mexi-ranch sauce, crispy Applewood smoked bacon, fresh pico de gallo, crispy fresh lettuce, and this burger is surrounded by warm Cheddar cheese quesadillas.
What’s the secret to this burger?
The secret to this burger is simple ingredients prepared in a unique way. Everyone has made a basic cheeseburger, here we upgrade the cheese, add bacon, and change out the condiments slightly. The real upgrade is the Cheddar cheese quesadilla. In no time at all you and your family can enjoy one amazing burger.
What type of ground beef should you use?
Ground chuck has just the right amount of marbling to make the burger juicy and not dry. The ground cut is beef that is 80% lean, and 20% fat. Ground beef like sirloin is a bit too dry to carry this burger off. Plain ground hamburger meat can have as much as 30% fat, and that’s too rich for all of the cheese involved in this burger.
Love Applebees? Don’t stop with this burger, there is more!
ideas to serve with this burger
Try these great tasting appetizers and sides:
- Blooming Onion
- How to Do Jalapeno Poppers
- Panera Salad (Green Goddess)
- Pea Bacon Salad
- Southwestern Egg Roll Recipe
- Sweetie Pies Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Chilis Skillet Queso Recipe
- Best Mexican Refried Beans Recipe
- Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe
- Copycat Chipotle Lime Rice
Applebees Quesadilla Burger
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 tortillas small, street taco sized
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 slices applewood bacon cooked until crisp
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 2 cups shredded iceburg lettuce
- Combine the sour cream, ranch dressing, salsa, and taco seasoning in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Divide the cheese evenly among 8 tortillas. Cover the cheese with the 8 remaining tortillas.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook the quesadillas for about two minutes on each side until they are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the skillet and keep warm in the oven while you cook the burgers.
- Combine the ground chuck, salt, and black pepper in a bowl, and use your hands to incorporate. Divide the beef into 4 patties.
- With a paper towel, wipe out the non-stick skillet you used for the quesadillas, and cook the burgers over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Place each burger patty on top of a quesadilla. Top each patty with 2 slices of pepper jack cheese, 2 slices of cooked bacon, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, and Mexi-ranch sauce.
- Want perfectly cooked bacon? Try baking it in the oven! No mess, and perfectly flat crisp bacon.
- Make the Mexi-sauce ahead of time. If you have any left over, it makes a great salad dressing!
- Have leftover chicken or grilled veggies, add them to the quesadillas!
- You can purchase prepared pico de gallo or make homemade pico de gallo.