Chipotle Mexican Grill’s Spicy Corn Salsa is a delicious fresh corn salsa that is irresistible. Best of all it takes no time at all to make! So enjoy some now!
You can make the fresh corn salsa just like Chipotle does at home. It’s hard to beat this amazing salsa. It’s so tasty, and it goes great on tacos, in burritos, taco bowls, or heck it is even great just eaten with corn chips.
Table of Contents
What’s in Chipotle’s Corn Salsa
This fresh salsa recipe can be made in just about no time. You will need a few ingredients to make this delicious salsa. You will need:
- frozen corn
- lemon juice
- lime juice
- jalapeno pepper
- poblano pepper
- red onion
What makes this salsa so good?
This salsa tastes extra good because Chipotle treats ingredients in a special way. Whenever citrus juice is added, they always add a combination of lemon and lime juice. The combination of the two is quite delicious.
The roasting of the poblano pepper adds a richness that you can’t get from fresh peppers.
Chipotle Mexican Grill’s Jalapeno and Corn Salsa has to be one of my favorite salsa’s to put on my burrito when I go to the restaurant. What makes it unique is that so often we associate salsa with tomatoes. We are often used to tomatoes being paired with peppers but not corn.
This dish is easy to create at home. This salsa goes well with chips, on tacos, and even on taco soup.
How long does Chipotle Mexican Grill Spicy Corn Salsa stay fresh
This salsa stays fresh for three to five days. So you can prepare this a day or two in advance and then enjoy it for a couple of days. I personally think it tastes better the second day.
You could make this recipe using fresh corn on the cob. Do you need to learn how to cut corn off of the cob? Watch this video.
More Recipes with corn
- Corn Gratin
- Cornbread with Creamed Corn and Sour Cream
- Black Eyed Pea Cornbread
- Cheesy Creamed Corn Casserole
- Corn on the Grill
- Corn in an Air Fryer
- Old Bay Corn on the Cob
- Indian Corn Casserole Recipe
- Easy Corn and Black Bean Salad
- Corn Chowder with Creamed Corn
Do you love Chipotle? Try these copycat recipes
Chipotle Corn Salsa
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno seeds removed
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted poblano pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped red onions
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Completely thaw frozen corn.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Run poblano pepper with vegetable oil. When the oven is hot, roast the pepper for 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Remove pepper from the oven. Allow it to cool slightly, remove the tough outer skin.
- Chopped jalapeno very finely. If you do not like heat, remove seeds, before chopping. You may also want to start with 1 teaspoon of jalapeno before adding the second teaspoon. Finely chop the poblano pepper.
- Add chopped cilantro, salt, peppers, and red onions. Stir in the lemon and lime juice Stir well to mix the salsa together. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving. This will allow the flavors to marry together.