Air Fryer Corn on the Cob is a great way to use your air fryer when it isn’t making crispy french fries. Take those fresh or frozen ears of corn on the cob and turn them into masterpieces!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have been an owner of an Air Fryer for quite a while. Maybe like you, I know my air fryer does a great job on things like frozen French fries, tater tots, hot dogs, and fish sticks. Many people have been using their air fryers for so much more than heating up frozen food.
I love roasted corn, living in Texas means roasted corn is sold at fairs, at sports events, and even outside some grocery stores. Roasted corn is the perfect side dish. You can use fresh corn or frozen corn, either way, this is going to be delicious. For the best results make sure you are using sweet corn.
I found that I can’t quite get it just right in the oven, or even on my grill. I found that roasting corn on the cob inside of an air fryer is simply perfect.
Table of Contents
There are many different models of air fryers
I personally have the BLACK+DECKER HF110SBD 2-Liter Oil Free Air Fryer, Black / Stainless Steel, I think it is a great well-priced model to see if you would like to try out one of the larger ones.
The Philips Digital Airfryer, The Original Airfryer, Fry Healthy with 75% Less Fat, Black HD9230/26 has a much larger capacity and would be great if you have a larger family.
How does an air fryer work?
You may wonder how they work, an air fryer works well because it circulates very hot hair around your food with a minimal amount of oil. Having an air fryer, means you have a mini convection oven on your countertop.
Foods don’t taste deep-fried, but they do taste really good. You get most of the crunch that you would with foods being deep-fried. The hot air circulating works like a convection oven on steroids, and it is through this that I could roast corn on the cob so effectively.
I can’t tell you if an air fryer is a great investment for you personally, but I can tell you I have made jalapeno poppers and hamburgers in there and they have been quite good. You may want to check out my other air fryer recipes in the list below.
Your existing toaster oven may already have a convection feature on it, check and see, you may have an air fryer in your kitchen right now!
Why the air fryer method of cooking corn works so well
When you air fry corn it not only cooks this it does via boiling or microwaving, but the air fryer also roasts the corn at the same time. The result is a delicious side dish, where the corn roasts a bit and browns. These browned corn kernels give you a lot of variation in the flavor. The roasted corn kernels are the perfect blank slate for a variety of additions like fresh herbs, or great seasonings like garlic powder, or red chili powder.
Air Fry Corn on the Cob Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need
- Corn on the cob
- Vegetable oil – you can use olive oil if you desire
Can you cook frozen corn on the cob in the air fryer?
Yes! You must defrost it first. Air frying is a great way to cook frozen corn on the cob!
How to Make Corn on the Cob in an Air Fryer
- Remove husk and the silks from each ear of corn, wash and pat dry.
- If needed, cut the corn to fit in the basket of your air fryer.
- Place the corn cobs into the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Drizzle vegetable oil over the corn and rub oil evenly over the corn.
- Season with salt and pepper. Place corn in the air fryer basket.
- The cooking time for corn is about 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
Recipe Variations for Air Fried Corn on the Cob
Want some additional flavor? Try these:
- Use melted butter instead of vegetable oil.
- A squeeze of lime juice just before serving!
- Tajin is a great chili-lime seasoning.
- Taco seasoning for Mexican flavor.
- Paprika for a little spice.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the corn right after air frying.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Corn
While I could make a meal out of this dish on its own here are a few ideas for you.
How to store leftover corn on the cob
Store any leftover corn in an airtight container in your fridge. The corn will last for about three to five days.
I hope you give this recipe a try for this corn season! Air fried corn on the cob is one of my favorite dishes. I love how the corn browns and brings out the corn flavor. I know with one bite you will think this is the best way to make corn on the cob.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Bacon Wrapped Peppers
- DIY Croutons Recipe
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Love corn? Try these recipes
- Copycat Recipe Chipotle Corn Salsa
- Indian Corn Casserole Recipe
- Scalloped Corn Recipe
- Corn and Bean Salad
- Corn Chowder
- Corn Casserole
Serve Corn With These Main Dishes
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- 4 fresh ears of corn
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove husk and the silks from each ear of corn, wash and pat dry. You may need to cut the corn to fit in your air fryer basket. If you need to do so, cut the corn.
- Drizzle vegetable oil over the corn. Try to cover the corn well with vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Have you tried Tajin? It a great chili-lime salt.
- Sprinkle on some parmesan cheese.