Red Lobster Parrot Bay Coconut Shrimp is a long-time menu favorite at the Red Lobster. You can recreate this dish at home with this easy copycat recipe.
Hands down this are one of my long-time favorite recipes from the Red Lobster. You can get this great coconut breaded shrimp either as a main dish, or an appetizer. Simply irresistible shrimp is breaded with coconut and then served with a wonderfully light and flavorful pina colada sauce.
You can make coconut encrusted shrimp at home any night of the week with our recipe. Red Lobster makes some delicious coconut shrimp in their Parrot Bay Coconut Shrimp. You can make shrimp just like they do with our version of this recipe…it isn’t a secret anymore.
I love to serve this with my copycat for Red Lobster Clam Chowder, I think it makes a terrific light lunch.
When choosing shrimp, I personally like to go for a larger sized shrimp here, they cost a little more, but you will have a less work in prepping your shrimp. I personally like to deviene my shrimp when I prep them. If you watch the grocery store ads you can often find shrimp on sale.
Red Lobster Parrot Bay Coconut Shrimp
- 1/2 pound large shrimp (butterfly the shrimp)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (for mixing with coconut and bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup pina colada mix
- 3 tablespoons Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Mix bread crumbs, 1/4 cup cornstarch, and coconut in a deep bowl and set aside. Combine pina colada mix, powdered sugar and rum in a small mixing bowl and set aside. Place 1/2 cup cornstarch in a separate bowl. Heat oil for deep frying. Oil is ready for frying shrimp with it reaches 375 degrees. Coat shrimp first in cornstarch, then in the piÒa colada mix, then dust shrimp in bread crumbs/coconut mixture. For the second coating, place back into pina colada mix, then again into coconut, and then the bread crumb mixture. Place prepared shrimp carefully into hot oil. Fry until golden brown; remove from fryer and drain. Serve with Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce.