Barbeque baked beans are a favorite dish in the summer. Summer meant picnics growing up, and the familiar sweet and tangy beans were always a staple.
These beans are made with canned beans. By using inexpensive canned beans means you can shave off a lot of cooking time because the beans are already done. You can capture the wonderful smokey sweet goodness of these beans by using bacon, sauteed onions, and brown sugar. This combination will make beans that no one can refuse. These baked beans can be made in just about an hour. You simply need to saute the onions, and bacon together, combine the remaining ingredients and put into the oven long enough that they beans become piping hot.
I love these because they taste better than those you can buy in many restaurants, they are easy to make, and you can make this dish ahead of time. These barbeque baked beans taste great the next day.
Easy Barbeque Baked Beans
Love beans? Try these favorite bean recipes
BBQ Baked Beans
- 8 ounces diced bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 56 ounces pork and beans (2 large cans)
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized skillet, saute chopped onions and diced bacon until the bacon is cooked but is not crispy and the onions are translucent.
- Drain cooked bacon and onions on a paper towel.
- Place beans in a large oven-proof pot.
- Add cooked onions and bacon, yellow mustard, brown sugar, and molasses. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Place a lid over the pot.
- Place the pot in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour or until the beans are warmed.