It has been a while since the Cracker Barrel has made a new addition to their side dishes, Cracker Barrel Cucumbers Tomatoes and Onions is one of their new side dishes. This is a great light side dish that is so easy to make. This side salad is packed full of fresh cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and white onions.
Make Cracker Barrel Cucumbers Tomatoes and Onions at home
One thing that I love about the Cracker Barrel is its homey style menu. Every time I go there I feel like I am stepping into my Grandmother’s house. She would always make cucumbers and onions every summer with the cucumbers from their garden. This recipe from the cracker barrel adds those lovely sweet grape tomatoes in this well-known salad.
This salad is perfect for those of us who like to cook ahead. This salad will stay nice and fresh in your refrigerator for about a week. In fact, the flavor only improves as the flavors mingle. So be sure to put this one together ahead of time.
You may want to season this with a little fresh cracked black pepper. While they don’t add cracked pepper at the Cracker Barrel I think this adds a very nice touch to this recipe.
This is what you need for the salad:
- Italian Dressing
Love Cracker Barrel Side Dishes? Be sure to try some of these Cracker Barrel Copycat Recipes
- Cracker Barrel Loaded Hashbrowns
- Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
- Cracker Barrel Carrots
- Cracker Barrel Sprouts and Kale Salad
- Cracker Barrel Loaded Hashbrown Casserole
Cracker Barrel Cucumbers Tomatoes and Onions
- 16 ounces grape tomatoes
- 3 cucumbers
- 1/2 cup sliced white onion
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Slice cumbers into thin 1/4 inch slices. In a bowl mix together vinegar, sugar, and Italian dressing. Add sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and slide onions. Cover and allow the vegetable to marinate for about an hour before serving.