Cracker Barrel Baby Carrots—talk about yummy. You can make sweet-tasting baby carrots at home. These are a favorite of many, the perfect side dish for any meal. Two of the qualities I love the most about carrots is that they are always in season, and they are inexpensive. If you don’t have baby-cut carrots, just regular size carrots, you can use those. Simply cut them into 1-inch lengths.
How to Make Carrots Like Cracker Barrel
It’s easier than you think to make glazed baby carrots taste just like the Cracker Barrel. You will need some fresh baby-cut carrots, margarine, brown sugar, and salt. You can add a little extra flair by using a pinch of nutmeg to finish off the carrots. While the Cracker Barrel does not use butter in this carrot recipe, you can substitute the margarine for butter.
This recipe is as simple as adding all of the ingredients to a pot and allowing the carrots to cook for about 30 minutes. I love serving this side dish because it takes no effort at all.
Love the Cracker Barrel? Try more Cracker Barrel Copycat Recipes
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Baby Carrots
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg optional
- Rinse carrots and place in a 2-quart saucepan. Pour in enough water to just cover the top of the carrots. Cover the pan with a lid, place on medium heat, and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, until the carrots are tender when pricked with a fork. When carrots are tender, pour off half of the water. Add the margarine, sugar, and salt and place the lid back on the pan.
- Cook until completely tender but not mushy. More salt may be added if needed. For a little flair, add a pinch of ground nutmeg.