Fried Zucchini Chips are a wonderful way to enjoy fresh zucchini. Fried Zucchini makes a delicious appetizer or even a side dish.
Zucchini is one of the most prolific plants if you plant a garden it can give you more zucchini than you can handle. One of my favorite ways to prepare zucchini is fried zucchini chips. You don’t need to prepare this only during the summer, you can enjoy this recipe for fried zucchini.
Fried zucchini chips are made very simply
My Mom made these very simple. These fried zucchini chips are made with saltine cracker crumbs, eggs, and zucchini, and plenty of salt. To make wonderful fried summer vegetables, you simply need to wash them and slice them about 1/4 inch thick. Then you make a simple egg wash and coat the zucchini with cracker crumbs.
Fried zucchini takes no time at all to make
These fried zucchini side dish takes no time at all to make, and you could make some modifications to this recipe to make it your own. The variations you could try would be to switch out the cracker crumbs for bread crumbs, you could add a tablespoon or two of Parmesan cheese. You may want to use panko bread crumbs as well. Any of these changes would be easy to do.
I hope you give this recipe for these tasty zucchini chips a try soon. You don’t have to make these in summer only, you can always get fresh zucchini at the store.
Looking for other ways to prepare fresh Zucchini? Check out these recipes:
More Fried Food Recipes
- Fried Cheese Appetizer
- Fried Cheese Curds Recipe Without Beer
- Beer Battered Shrimp
- Tempura Fried Shrimp
- Homestyle Fried Chicken
- Fried Chicken Nugget Recipe
- Fried Steak Sandwich
- Chicken Fried Potato Wedges
- Fried Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
- Fried Cabbage with Sausage
Fried Zucchini Chips
- 2 zucchini medium
- 2 1/2 cups saltine cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil for frying
- Wash zucchini, and slice into 1/4 inch rounds. Scramble two eggs in a shallow pie plate. Place zucchini rounds into the egg wash, then coat with cracker crumbs. Fry the cracker crumb coated zucchini rounds in 350-degree vegetable oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until the rounds are golden brown. Drain zucchini rounds on a wire rack before serving.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- Substitute the cracker crumbs for panko crumbs