Love Shake ‘N’ Bake? You can make this easy homemade Shake ‘N’ Bake with ingredients you already have in your pantry.
It’s so easy to make homemade Shake ‘N’ Bake from scratch with this copycat recipe. If you have pork chops, or chicken on hand, and some dried breadcrumbs you already have most everything you need to make homemade Shake ‘N’ Bake.
Why Make Homemade Shake ‘N’ Bake
Controlling preservatives and artificial ingredients are important to so many people. Why not easily knock out extra ingredients that you don’t need to prepare your dinner for your family? You can also add more or less of your favorite herbs and spices to your favorite pork chops. You may want to control the amount of salt in your food, making a homemade mix is a perfect way to do this. You can make delicious homemade Shake and Bake at home.
Preparing copycat Shake ‘N’ Bake
When preparing the homemade breading, I find the largest difference between breadcrumbs from a can, and the mix from Shake ‘N’ Bake is that the packaged mix has finer ground breadcrumbs. If you want a more exact mix, I suggest you mix the breading in a food processor to emulate the packaged mix. But mixing everything in a bowl will work just fine. You may even want to make fresh breadcrumbs before preparing this recipe.
How to make crispy pork chops in the oven
Oven-fried pork chops need to be cooked at a higher temperature, 425 degrees is recommended. I like to use pork chops that are bone-in for better flavor, but pork loin chops will also work just fine. I like to use chops that are about 3/8-inch, if your pork chops are thicker, or thinner, you will need to adjust the time. It is important if the chops are thicker, that you reduce the temperature to around 400, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes longer. It is important to check and make sure pork is cooked to 145-155 degrees.
How do you cook Shake ‘N’ Bake Pork chops?
This recipe is super easy to cook. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Then you are going to pour some cooking oil on the bottom of a baking sheet, and then you will place the breaded pork chops on the cooking sheet, and then halfway through the time, you will flip over the pork chops so the other side browns evenly.
Love pork chops? Check out these great pork chop recipes
Easy Copycat Shake 'N' Bake Pork Chops
- 3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds pork chops
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a gallon-sized zip top bag, place breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper, paprika, celery salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Seal the bag and shake gently to mix all ingredients.
- Place vegetable oil on a baking sheet. Spread out in a thin layer.
- Place one pork chop at a time into the bag, seal the bag, and shake. Place the coated pork chop onto the oiled baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pork chops.
- If desired, if their is mix still left over, you can gently sprinkle it onto the breaded pork chops, and pat the seasoned mix into the pork chop. Discard seasoning mix after use.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip over the pork chop. and cook for the remaining 10 minutes.