Garlic green beans are a great way to prepare fresh green beans. These green beans are seasoned perfectly with garlic butter! Make this delicious side in just minutes.
Are you looking for how to cook fresh buttery green beans? This is one of those side dishes that go with anything! I have a simple and delicious recipe for you.
If you are looking for the perfect green bean recipe, look no further? This is one of those side dishes that go with anything! I have a simple and delicious recipe for you.
Fresh green beans are plentiful in the summer, and they are always fresh in the grocery store. There are many different ways to cook green beans, you can sauté them, boil them, steam them, heck, you can even enjoy them deep-fried, and in this case, you can make garlic butter green beans.
When you combine butter, minced garlic, and tender beans you are going to find a delicious way to enjoy this summer vegetable.
How to select the best green beans
Green beans are packed full of nutrition. Sometimes green beans are called string beans, or in fancier stores, these are called haricots verts. You may find them in your store under either name.
- When shopping, look for green beans that are crisp. Pass on beans that are limp.
- Look for beans that are unblemished
- Look for beans that are firm, avoid beans with soft spots
Green beans should be stored in your refrigerator’s crisper drawer, and they will stay fresh for about 1 week.
What makes this recipe for garlic green beans so good?
We are going to begin by cleaning the beans, cut off the stem end, and then steam them, and then will finish up sautéing them in the garlic butter. This ensures the beans are cooked to perfection.
You can steam green beans in your Instant Pot, in the microwave, or on the stovetop (directions are below). After the beans are steamed, you will cook them in the garlic butter sauce.
When you are ready to serve them, you will drizzle the extra garlic butter sauce on top!
What to Serve with Green Beans
Green beans go with so many main dishes. It is the perfect green beans recipe for when you want to serve a green vegetable and you also want a low carbohydrate option. Enjoy some of these main dish options to serve with these beans.
Try these delicious garlicky green beans
These garlic green beans are soon to be a favorite around your house. Simple to make, and these can be easily scaled up should you need more. You can simply double or even triple the recipe for when you have guests over.
Can’t get enough green beans? Try these green bean recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Cracker Barrel Green Beans
- Green Beans Au Gratin
- Green Bean Casserole
- Steamed Green Beans
Popular Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- Baked Broccoli and Cheese
- Brussel Sprouts au Gratin
- Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes
- How to Cook Baby Carrots
- Purple Potatoes
Before you go let me know how you serve up green beans. Do you like them fresh, frozen green beans, or canned green beans best?
Garlic Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- Paring Knife
- Wash green beans, cut off stem end with a knife.
Steam Green Beans
- Microwave: Green beans can be steamed in the microwave by placing in a bowl and adding 2 tablespoons of water. Place a plate on the bowl to keep in the steam. Cook on high for 4 to 6 minutes.
- InstantPot: Place the steamer rack in the instant pot. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water. Lock the lid and steam at LOW PRESSURE for 2 minutes.
- Stovetop: Use a pot with a steamer basket. Fill the pot halfway with water, add the steamer basket, add the green beans. Place the lid on the steamer basket. Tun the temperature to high, and steam for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Peel the garlic cloves and finely mince the garlic.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large skillet and the pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper. Add garlic, and heat until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add steamed green beans. Cook until the beans are tender. Stir until the beans are well-coated. Serve. Pour over any left-over sauce onto the green beans.
- If desired and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- toasted almonds
- slivered almonds
- fresh lemon zest
- a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- a splash of soy sauce