Garlic Green Beans are a great way to prepare fresh green beans. These green beans are seasoned perfectly with garlic butter! Make this delicious side in just minutes, they make the perfect weeknight side!
Are you looking for how to cook fresh buttery green beans? These are one of those side dishes that go with anything! I have a simple and delicious recipe for you. Fresh green beans are plentiful in the summer, and they are always fresh in the grocery store. There are many different ways to cook green beans, you can saute them, boil them, steam them, heck, you can even enjoy them deep-fried.
When you combine butter, garlic, and tender beans you are going to find a delicious way to enjoy these beans.
How to select the best green beans
Green beans are packed full of nutrition. Sometimes green beans are called string beans. You may find them in your store under either name. When shopping look for green beans that are crisp. Pass on beans that are limp. Green beans should be stored in your refrigerator’s crisper drawer, and they will stay fresh for about 1 week.
What makes this recipe for garlic green beans so good?
We are going to begin by cleaning the beans, cut off the stem end, and then steam the beans, and then will finish up sauteing them in the garlic butter. This ensures the beans are cooked to perfection. You can steam green beans in your InstantPot, in the Microwave, or on the stovetop. (Directions are below). After the beans are steamed you will cook them in the garlic butter sauce, and when you are ready to serve them, you will drizzle the extra garlic butter sauce on top!
What to serve with green beans
Green beans go with so many main dishes. It is the perfect green beans recipe for when you want to serve a green vegetable, and you also want a low carbohydrate option. Enjoy some of these options to serve with these beans.
Try these delicious Garlic Green beans today!
These garlic green beans are soon to be a favorite around your house. Simple to make, and these can be easily scaled up should you need more. Simply double or even triple the recipe for when you have guests over.
Can’t get enough green beans? Try these green bean recipes
Before you go let me know how you serve up green beans. Do you like them fresh, frozen green beans, or canned green beans best?
Garlic Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Paring Knife
- Wash green beans, cut off stem end with a knife.
Steam Green Beans
- Microwave: Green beans can be steamed in the microwave by placing in a bowl and adding 2 tablespoons of water. Place a plate on the bowl to keep in the steam. Cook on high for 4 to 6 minutes.
- InstantPot: Place the steamer rack in the instant pot. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water. Lock the lid and steam at LOW PRESSURE for 2 minutes.
- Stovetop: Use a pot with a steamer basket. Fill the pot halfway with water, add the steamer basket, add the green beans. Place the lid on the steamer basket. Tun the temperature to high, and steam for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Peel and finely mince the garlic.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic, and heat until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add steamed green beans. Cook until the beans are tender. Stir until the beans are well-coated. Serve. Pour over any left-over sauce onto the green beans.
- If desired and salt and ground pepper to taste.