Oven Baked Lemon Pepper Garlic Chicken is a super easy chicken recipe you are going to love. Quick and easy preparation, and in about 30 minutes dinner is done!
Looking for a new way to prepare chicken breasts? This garlic chicken is scrumptious. While baking your kitchen is going to smell amazing.
Did I mention this recipe is super easy to prepare? All of these ingredients are easy to find, and it will take you no time at all to make this delicious chicken recipe.
How to prepare lemon pepper garlic chicken
Place your baking pan in the oven while it preheats to melt the butter. Once the butter has melted add the lemon juice and add the garlic, and stir.
Make the breading, you will combine the Italian breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together in either a zip top bag or a bowl.
Simply place the chicken into the bag, bread it, then place into the baking dish with the melted butter. Turn the chicken over to moisten it with the butter, and bread it again. If you have any of the breading left over, place on top of the chicken.
Cook the chicken for 30 to 40 minutes, it will depend upon how large your chicken pieces are. Large pieces need 40 minutes, and smaller pieces need about 30 minutes. Chicken is done when it reaches 165 degrees F.
What can you serve with this oven baked chicken?
Lemon Pepper Chicken with Garlic
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup butter melted (one stick)
- 2 heaping tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh ground Parmesan
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme (important)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place butter in a baking dish, and place the baking dish in the oven.
- Melt the butter in a baking dish. Add the garlic, thyme and lemon juice. and mix it well.
- Mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan in a large bag. Shake the chicken in it to coat. Save the extra crumbs.
- Add the garlic, thyme and lemon juice to the melted butter. Mix it well.
- Lightly lay each breast on it's front to get moist then flip over in the pan. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs to re-coat. Shake some lemon pepper on top.
- Bake 40 minutes at 400 degrees. Spoon some of the left over liquid over the cooked chicken, and over your accompanying side dish. I prefer a type of rice, like pilaf or brown. The smell and the flavor will knock you down.