Oven Baked Lemon Pepper Garlic Chicken is a super easy chicken recipe you are going to love. Quick and easy preparation, and in about 30 minutes dinner is done!
Looking for a new way to prepare chicken breasts? This garlic chicken is scrumptious. While baking your kitchen is going to smell amazing.
Did I mention this recipe is super easy to prepare? All of these ingredients are easy to find, and it will take you no time at all to make this delicious chicken recipe.
How to prepare lemon pepper garlic chicken
Place your baking pan in the oven while it preheats to melt the butter. Once the butter has melted add the lemon juice and add the garlic, and stir.
Make the breading, you will combine the Italian breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together in either a zip top bag or a bowl.
Simply place the chicken into the bag, bread it, then place into the baking dish with the melted butter. Turn the chicken over to moisten it with the butter, and bread it again. If you have any of the breading left over, place on top of the chicken.
Cook the chicken for 30 to 40 minutes, it will depend upon how large your chicken pieces are. Large pieces need 40 minutes, and smaller pieces need about 30 minutes. Chicken is done when it reaches 165 degrees F.
What can you serve with this oven baked chicken?
Lemon Pepper Chicken with Garlic
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick)
- 2 heaping tablespoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme (important for flavor)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the butter into slices and place the butter slices in a baking dish. Place the baking dish in the oven to melt the butter.
- When the butter has melted, remove the dish from the oven.
- Add the garlic, thyme, and lemon juice to the dish and mix it well.
- Mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan in a large plastic zip-top bag.
- Add the chicken to the bag and shake to coat the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and lay each breast on its front to get moist then flip them over in the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining breadcrumb mixture on top.
- Sprinkle lemon pepper on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until done (internal temperature is 165 degrees).
- Transfer the baked chicken to a serving platter or plates.
- Spoon some of the liquid in the baking dish over the cooked chicken and accompanying side dish if desired.