Starbucks Bacon & Gouda Artisan Breakfast Sandwich is an incredible Starbucks breakfast menu item you can make at home. I love to grab breakfast on my way to work, but sometimes, that is very expensive to do day after day.
You can save money and make this egg breakfast sandwich at home the next time you want to run out to the drive-through, you can save so much money when you make these breakfast items at home.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
What makes the Starbucks Bacon Gouda Sandwich so good?
This breakfast sandwich is made with gouda cheese, smoked applewood bacon, and fluffy eggs, all placed on an artisan roll. It’s one of Starbucks’ protein-rich breakfasts to fuel you with the day’s most important meal. This sandwich is the real deal and perfect if you want a savory breakfast option. We all know that Starbucks can satisfy your sweet tooth.
Why You Should Make Starbucks Bacon Gouda Breakfast Sandwich at Home
What I love about this sandwich is the ciabatta bread is thick and chewy, is has a wonderful cheesy perfection that I love. The smoky goodness of bacon is combined with Gouda cheese for a wonderful way to wake up your taste buds.
One thing I love to do on the weekends is to do some meal prep for the week. You can make some sandwiches and reheat them during the week. You can save time and money by preparing your own sandwich at home. You can make an affordable dupe at home with this recipe for one of the most loved copycat Starbucks breakfast sandwiches. This has to be my favorite breakfast item on their menu.
Bacon Gouda Starbucks Breakfast Sandwich Ingredients
Ingredients you need to make this breakfast sandwich:
- Ciabatta rolls – if you want, you could use English muffins, they are super easy to find
- Eggs – I recommend large eggs
- Bacon – if you can’t find applewood smoked bacon, use your favorite type of bacon
- Gouda cheese – if you can’t find Gouda, you could swap this for Cheddar cheese, or even Swiss cheese
- Half and half
- Salt (regular or sea salt)
- Black pepper – freshly ground black pepper has more flavor
How to Make a Starbucks Bacon Gouda Sandwich
- Bake bacon in the oven, or use your favorite method to cook bacon.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together eggs and half and half.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add eggs to the skillet, and cook the eggs.
- Prepare ciabatta rolls by cutting them in half.
- Add a portion of the eggs to the bun, a slice of cheese, and a couple of pieces of cooked bacon.
- Wrap the sandwich in plastic wrap so the cheese will warm.
While playing around with this recipe I also tried a few things you may want to try.
- For a real treat, you may want to butter the bread and toast it under the broiler for a moment or two before assembling the sandwich.
- You may also want to switch out the bacon with ham or sausage.
- Another idea is to swap the gouda cheese for Swiss, Cheddar, or Monterey Jack cheese.
How to Freeze and Reheat this Starbucks Breakfast Sandwich
You may want to make this breakfast sandwich from Starbucks ahead of time. It is a beautiful breakfast to make ahead. If you want to make these ahead of time. You need to make the sandwiches, wrap them in a plastic wrap, then a layer of aluminum foil, and freeze them. I love using those reusable bags for these.
To use, take one out of the freezer the evening before and place it in the refrigerator. You can reheat it in several ways:
- Microwave the sandwich wrapped in a damp paper towel for about 60 seconds.
- Air fry it in a 350°F air fryer for about 5 minutes for crispy bread.
- Warm it in a 350°F oven or toaster oven for about 10 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this bacon gouda sandwich! It is great eaten right after it is made or it is a great breakfast to make ahead and enjoy during the week.
Love breakfast? Try these recipes:
- McDonald’s Egg White Delight
- Whataburger Breakfast Bun
- IHOP Bacon Temptation Omelet
- Cracker Barrel Egg Sandwich
- Restaurant Style Pancake Recipe
- Deep Fried Pancake Batter
- Sausage Burrito McDonald’s
- KFC Biscuit
- Make Ahead Biscuits
- Restaurant Biscuits Recipe
Copycat Starbucks Coffee Drinks
Starbucks Bacon & Gouda Artisan Sandwich
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 6 eggs large
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 ounces Gouda cheese
- Crack six eggs into a medium sized bowl. Add half and half to both and whisk eggs until they are creamy. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Place butter into skillet over low heat when the butter has melted place beaten eggs into the skillet. Cook eggs stirring occasionally so that eggs are cooked thoroughly. Re
- Remove skillet from stove.
- Prepare sandwiches by cutting the rolls, adding 1/2 of the eggs to the bottom roll, then add 3 slices of cooked bacon, add cheese slide, and top with the top of the roll. You can wrap these in plastic wrap, they will take about a minute to reheat in the microwave.