The McDonald’s Egg White Delight is the lighter version of the McDonald’s Egg McMuffin. Made with egg whites, a lite cheese, and a hearty English muffin. You can prepare these in less time than you will spend at your local drive-through.
Mcdonald’s Egg White Delight Breakfast Sandwich
What do I like about the McDonald’s Egg White Delight? I love how filling and nutritious it is – there are just 250 calories in each sandwich, and it keeps me full until lunch.
This sandwich is high in protein, and the whole-wheat English muffin has lots of fiber that will help keep you full.
Egg White Sandwich – A Healthy Breakfast
Would it be that you can get a pretty filling breakfast because it has just 250 calories in this breakfast delight? Egg whites are low in calories and can be very filling.
The wheat English muffin has a little more fiber in it to also help make this more filling. When you make this at home, you can recreate this copycat recipe too, and save yourself some money.
McDonald’s Egg White Delight Ingredients
For this recipe you will need only a few simple ingredients:
- Egg Whites – You can use regular eggs and save the yolks for another recipe, or you can buy egg whites in a carton and cook those up.
- Canadian Bacon – If you don’t have any, use another lean protein.
- Cheddar Cheese – Or another light or low-fat cheese.
- Wheat English Muffins – Great for whole grain nutrtion.
With just these four ingredients, you will soon be on your way to a lower calorie and filling breakfast.
How to Make McDonald’s Egg White Delight
- Toast the English muffins.
- Cook Canadian bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until slightly browned. Remove the bacon from the skillet.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites.
- Cook the egg whites in the skillet over low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the cooked egg whites into 2 portions.
- Build the sandwich with the egg whites on the bottom of the English muffins, then cheese, Canadian bacon, and cover with muffin tops.
A Great Make Ahead Breakfast
I hate to say it, but I often grab breakfast out in the morning. I am generally in a rush to get to work and get out the door. I can make coffee first thing in the morning, and well honestly that’s about it.
So I like to make breakfast on the weekends and then reheat it when I am in a hurry. This way I can save some money every day. You can make several of these at once and simply reheat the next day. About 45 seconds in the microwave is all it takes.
I hope you give this recipe a try soon. It’s hard to beat a healthy breakfast recipe that is so easy to make and tastes so good. Think of all of the money you will save!
If you like McDonald’s Recipes, be sure to check out these copycat versions
- Best of McDonald’s Copycat Recipes
- McDonald’s Egg McMuffin
- McDonald’s Fried Apple Pie Recipe
- McDonald’s Hot Spicy Mustard
- McDonald’s Shamrock Shake
- Copycat Big Mac
- McDonalds Fruit Smoothie
- McDonald’s Secret Sauce Recipe
- McDonald’s Restaurant Iced Tea
- McDonalds Sausage Burrito
- McDonald’s Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
More Breakfast Sandwiches
- Denny’s Breakfast Sandwich (Moons Over My Hammy)
- Corned Beef and Egg Sandwich
- Taco Bell Breakfast Quesadilla
McDonald’s Egg White Delight
- 2 wheat English muffins
- 2 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 egg whites
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese or other low fat cheese
- Toast the wheat English muffins in a toaster.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook Canadian bacon until heated through and slightly browned. Remove the bacon from the skillet.
- Separate the eggs. Save the yolks for another recipe.
- Whisk the egg whites.
- Spray a bit of non-stick spray in the skillet.
- Pour egg whites into the skillet and reduce the heat to low.
- Slowly cook the egg whites, stirring as they cook. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Remove the egg whites from the skillet and divide them into 2 portions.
- Place the egg whites on the bottom of the English muffins.
- Place a slice of cheese and Canadian bacon on top of the egg whites.
- Cover the sandwiches with English muffin tops.