Taco Bell Breakfast Crunchwrap is a Taco Bell breakfast item you have got to try. Part breakfast quesadilla, part breakfast heaven, it can be all yours.
Taco Bell is a favorite late-night hotspot for cheap and quick grub, But if you’re someone who has to skip the nightlife because you have to work a job in the morning, you are pretty much out of luck. Most Taco Bells restaurants don’t open their doors until at least midmorning, and that’s a shame because there is one item on the menu, the Taco Bell Breakfast Crunchwrap that is the ultimate breakfast fiesta.
Never had it? Well, think of it as a Taco Bell Breakfast Burrito taken to a higher plane of existence. It comes loaded with eggs, cheese, bacon, and hash browns, all spiced with Taco Bell sauce and sandwiched between two crunchy tortillas! You shouldn’t have to wait to chow down on this delicious dish. Don’t worry. The recipe below will let you make a breakfast Crunchwrap whenever you get a craving for one!
It All Starts with Perfect Scrambled Eggs
All of the other components of the dish you can make ahead of time, but you should cook the eggs fresh for the best results. Cooking great eggs is deceiving complex. It is pretty easy to cook decent ones, but who wants to settle for just okay eggs when you can make outstanding eggs with a bit of technique.
- Start with room temperature eggs. Cold eggs turn into dense, rubbery scrambled eggs, while room temperature eggs turn out nice and fluffy.
- Stir well. The goal is not to merely break up the yolks and incorporate them into the egg whites, but to really whip them with a whisk, not a fork. The eggs should lighten slightly in color.
- Melt butter in the pan and let it foam. When the butter stops foaming, add the eggs and let them sit until the edges start to dry out. Then use a rubber spatular to begin folding the eggs from the edge into the center. Folding the eggs in this way will give you large, more tender curds.
- Don’t overcook the eggs. Remember, the eggs will get another blast of heat when you cook them in Crunchwrap, so remove them from the pan when they are still a little less cooked than you like them.
After cooking the eggs, it is pretty simple to assemble and make the rest of the Taco Bell Breakfast Crunchwrap.
Tips for Preparing the Other Components of the Taco Bell Breakfast Crunchwrap
- Bake the bacon in the oven. Preparing bacon in the oven is a lot easier and less messy than cooking it on the stovetop, especially if you plan to feed a crowd. Place the bacon on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 14 to 18 minutes, depending on the bacon’s thickness. When done, blot the bacon with a paper towel and allow it to cool on a rack. You can store the bacon in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Use pre-made hash brown patties if you can. They make assembling and eating the Crunchwrap a whole lot easier.
- Make your own Taco Bell sauce. This recipe for mild taco sauce is just like the one they serve in the restaurant.
About the Breakfast Crunchwrap
The breakfast crunchwrap comes in two different ways. You can get it with either bacon or sausage. I personally love the Taco Bell Breakfast Crunchwrap with bacon. If you are a vegetarian, you could make one without meat.
Inside of this Crunchwrap, you will find crispy hash browns, bacon or sausage, cheese, and some taco sauce. A flour tortilla is wrapped and cooked on a griddle until the tortilla just begins to brown. These flavors go so well together, you won’t be disappointed.
If you do have to make a stop in the morning and grab breakfast, I promise this is something you will want to get for breakfast.
When you make a crunchwrap at home you may be able to do several at once so you can heat them up before you go to work. I love to cook up a few meals on the weekends so I can save some money during the week because I don’t have to eat out.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cooked hash browns or hash brown patties
- Taco Bell sauce
You will also need non-stick cooking spray.
How to Make a Breakfast Crunchwrap
- Cook bacon until crisp. Crumble bacon.
- Fry hashbrowns until browned and crispy.
- Prepare scrambled eggs, by breaking three large eggs into a bowl and whisking them together with a fork.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick spray and place it over medium heat.
- Pour eggs into the skillet and season them with salt and pepper.
- Stir eggs in the skillet until they have cooked thoroughly. Remove from the burner and set eggs aside.
- Lay a tortilla in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Warm tortilla on each side for about 30 seconds to make the tortilla very pliable.
- To build the crunch wrap, start by adding cooked hash browns or hash brown patty. Add half of the eggs, sauce, cheese, and bacon.
- Close the crunchwrap by flipping sides to the center.
- Spray the large skillet with non-stick spray and place over medium heat.
- Place the folded crunchwrap in the skillet and cook for about 30 to 40 seconds.
- Flip over the crunchwrap and cook for an additional 30 to 40 seconds.
- Slice and serve with taco sauce.
Make a batch of homemade taco sauce. The sauce is easy to make and keeps in your refrigerator for about two weeks.
Make homemade hash browns or you can buy the frozen hash brown patties and cook those. I personally think the loose homemade hash browns are a better choice because you can spread them out in the tortilla.
I also like to bake bacon for this recipe. If you don’t want to do that, you could use some real bacon bits.
Can’t get enough of Taco Bell? Check out these copycat recipes
Popular Breakfast Sandwich and Wrap Recipes
- How to Make Egg McMuffin
- Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
- Starbucks Egg Sandwich
- McDonalds Burritos
- Sonic Breakfast Burritos
- Whataburger Egg Sandwich
- Spinach Feta Wrap
Taco Bell Breakfast Crunchwrap
- 2 flour tortillas
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup hash browns or 2 fried hash brown patties
- 4 tablespoons Taco Bell Sauce
- 4 pieces bacon cooked cripsy
- Taco Bell Sauce
- Prepare scrambled eggs, by breaking three large eggs into a bowl and whisking them together with a fork. Pour eggs into a non-stick skillet over medium heat that you have sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper, and stir eggs in pan until they have cooked thoroughly. Remove from burner and set eggs aside. Use a large skillet over medium heat to warm tortillas. Lay tortilla in the skillet, and warm on each side for about 30 seconds.
- You want the tortilla very pliable. To build the crunch wrap start by adding 1/4 cup cooked hash browns or 1 cooked hash brown patty. Add half of the eggs, 2 tablespoons of the taco bell sauce, 1 tablespoon cheese, and two pieces of bacon crumbled.
- To close Crunch Wrap, flip the side closest to you, to the center, then flip the right and left side to the center. Finish by closing the top of the crunch wrap by closing the the right and left side to the center. You will end up with a five-sided wrap. Spray the skillet you used to heat the tortilla in with some non-stick spray, heat for about 30-40 seconds on medium heat and then flip the wrap and heat on the other side. Both sides should be golden brown.