Taco Bell Tacos are delicious tacos. You can make Taco Bell tacos fresh for your family anytime with our recipe. You could also use this meat as a topping for nachos, inside burritos, and so much more. Enjoy your own Taco Bell tacos at homemade in your own kitchen with this recipe.
Who doesn’t love the Taco Bell tacos? Crispy on the outside, a well-seasoned ground beef mixture on the inside, and then these are topped with cool and refreshing lettuce and cheese. Want to make your own Taco Bell Taco Supreme? Simply add some sour cream and tomatoes are you are on your way to these tasty Taco Bell menu items.
I fell in love with these tacos when I was in college. Back then, you could get lunch for about 2 dollars. A couple of 59 cent menu items and a small drink, you had lunch for just about 2 dollars. I hate to tell you how often I ate here during college. It was something like once or twice a week.
This taco seasoned beef from Taco Bell is used in many different recipes. You can use in your own Crunch Wraps, the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza and so many more Taco Bell items. I do not add salt to this recipe, so it an exact duplication of their recipe, but it is really close. This recipe is salt-free, so be sure to add some additional salt should you desire. You can purchase their retail version of the Taco Bell Taco Seasoning Mix 1oz (6 Packets), but this one doesn’t contain any artificial flavorings, colorings, and it is pretty easy to make. If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to try the Taco Bell Crunchwrap you can make with these similar ingredients.
Love Taco Bell? Try these taco recipes
How to Make Taco Bell Tacos
- 1 1/2 tablespoon masa harina
- 4 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 1/3 pounds ground chuck
- 12 taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- Sour cream (optional)
- Beef FillingMix together all the ingredients except the meat. Stir the spice mix well to make sure that all spices have been blended well.Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet (preferably nonstick) and brown, stirring well. Remove from the heat. Dump the meat into a strainer in the sink, rinse with hot water, and drain off the water and grease from the beef. Return the beef to the pan. Stir in the spice mix and 3/4 to 1 cup water. Simmer on medium-low heat for 20 minutes, until most of the moisture has cooked away. Remove from heat before the meat is completely dry.Tacos If you like, you can refresh the taco shells in the oven at 350 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes.To assemble the tacos, into each shell spoon a couple of tablespoons of the meat. Top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and sour cream if desired. Serve immediately.