When you make Taco Bell Taco Sauce you don’t need to leave the restaurant with tons of little sauce packets in your pockets. You can make this sauce at home.
Homemade Taco Bell Taco Sauce
You can make flavorful taco sauce at home that tastes just like it does in the restaurant. Homemade hot sauces are just as good as ones you get away from home.
This copycat recipe is made with common ingredients you can find at the grocery store or may already be in your pantry. Soon you will enjoy mild taco sauce made in your kitchen.
Where Did the Taco Come From?
The taco today is a fast-food staple, but you might be wondering how it came about. The taco was most likely invented by Mexican silver miners in the 18th Century.
In those mines, a “taco” was the name of the little charges that were used to excavate the ore. These consisted of pieces of paper wrapped around some gunpowder. These “tacos” were inserted into holes the miners carved in the rock.
Actually, if you stop and think about it, a chicken taco with a good hot sauce is a lot like a stick of dynamite!
What to put Taco Sauce on?
Did you know you can put this Taco Bell sauce on so many different things. Sure, it’s great for tacos, but Taco sauce goes well on:
- Sauce for burritos, either inside or on top
- On eggs, either scrambled or even fried eggs
How can you use Taco Sauce?
You can use taco sauce in many different ways, it goes great on tacos, taco salad, or quesadillas. You could use it to top nachos, it could also make a great salad dressing. The possibilities are endless.
Homemade Taco Bell Sauce Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Tomato sauce
- Chili powder
- Ground cumin
- Dry minced onions
- White vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Garlic salt
- Cayenne pepper
How to Make Taco Bell Mild Sauce
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and stir well.
- Simmer at a very low temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the sauce to cool to room temperature.
More Taco Bell Copycat Recipes
- Taco Bell Tacos
- Fresco Crunchy Taco
- Spicy Potato Soft Taco
- Taco Bell Crunchwrap Recipe
- Taco Bell Breakfast Burrito
- Taco Bell Enchilada
- Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- Cinnamon Twists
- Baja Blast Freeze
Favorite Mexican Fast Food Copycat Recipes
Taco Bell Taco Sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dry minced onions
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place ingredients in a saucepan and stir well. Simmer at a very low temperature for 15 – 20 minutes. Remove and cool. The taco sauce may be kept in the refrigerator for several days.