Love Taco Bell? Want to enjoy their lighter menu? Why not try this delicious copycat recipe for their Fresco Crunchy Taco?
I have to confess Taco Bell is a place for me where I still stop at for lunch or even a late-night snack. I have fond memories of Taco Bell in high school and from college. Taco Bell was a place where you could easily get full on about 3 or 4 dollars. While I don’t eat like I did when I was that young anymore, I still like that place.
Sometimes I now order from their Fresco menu. The Taco Bell Fresco Menu is lower in fat, and calories, so I don’t feel so bad when I want to enjoy Mexican food.
Taco Bell Fresco Crunchy Taco Ingredients
For the Taco Bell Fresco Crunchy Taco, I use lean ground beef on and my version of the Taco Bell taco seasoning.
This one we add lettuce, Mexican pico de gallo, and if you like a tiny sprinkling of cheese. So this recipe is lightened up tacos by making a few changes.
You may even want to top it with my version of the Mild Taco Bell Sauce. One thing is for certain you recreate this flavor at home.
How to Make Mexican Food Healthier
You may want to lighten up other Mexican favorites. Easy ways you can do that is to leave out the cheese as much as possible. Choose leaner cuts of meat to recreate your favorite recipes.
Pass up the sour cream and guacamole, but you can load up on the pico de gallo and lettuce.
These few simple tips can help make your Mexican food a little lighter and healthier.
Love Taco Bell? Try these copycat recipes
Popular Mexican Food Recipes
- Homemade Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
- How to Make White Queso
- Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa
- Restaurant Style Refried Beans
- Chipotle Pork Carnitas
Taco Bell Fresco Crunchy Taco Copycat
- 1 1/2 tablespoons masa harina
- 4 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 12 taco shells
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup Taco Bell Pico de Gallo
- Beef Filling Mix together all the ingredients except the meat. Stir the spice mix well to make sure that all spices have been blended well. Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet (preferably nonstick) and brown, stirring well. Remove from the heat. Dump the meat into a strainer in the sink, rinse with hot water, and drain off the water and grease from the beef. Return the beef to the pan. Stir in the spice mix and 3/4 to 1 cup water. Simmer on medium-low heat for 20 minutes, until most of the moisture has cooked away. Remove from heat before the meat is completely dry. Tacos If you like, you can refresh the taco shells in the oven at 350 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes. Top tacos with plenty of fresh lettuce and pico de gallo.