Mexican Cornbread Casserole is a filling meal. This south-of-the-border-inspired casserole is a great way to feed a family. Boxed cornbread mix, hamburger, corn, and a few additional ingredients make for a filling dinner, and best of all, this dish reheats very well. I love to make Mexican Cornbread Casserole for when I want a hearty meal.
Mexican Cornbread Casserole
Mexican Cornbread casserole has been one of my favorite weeknight meals to make. I love how simple this casserole is to put together. You with some taco seasoned ground beef and a few extra ingredients you can turn this recipe into something your family will love.
Casseroles are a wonderful dish to make for a meal during the week. This one is very easy to put together. I like to keep a couple of boxes of cornbread mix on hand for recipes just like this one. You can be flexible in this recipe—you could use any sausage instead of the hamburger meat in here. If you have a few extra leftover vegetables in the refrigerator, green beans, and carrots are just as tasty in here is the corn.
You may want to serve this recipe with sour cream or even some salsa. I think this makes a delicious meal you can toss into the oven and let it cook while you take care of other things when you get home from dinner. This casserole is a favorite of mine because it reheats so well so you can enjoy it another night or two if you like.
Mexican Cornbread Casserole – make a Mexican casserole dinner that is easy to make, and reheats well.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1.25 ounce taco seasoning mix
- 17 ounces cornbread mix 2 boxes
- 14 ounce cream-style corn canned
- 14 ounces corn canned
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 ounces green chilies canned
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.In a skillet, brown the ground beef. Add the taco seasoning per package directions.Mix the corn muffin batter per package directions. Stir in half of the cream-style corn and half of the regular corn.S
- Spread half of the batter in the baking pan. Top with the meat. Mix the remaining cream-style corn and corn kernels and spread that over the meat. Sprinkle with half of the cheese, then the green chiles. Spread the remaining batter on top, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the cornbread is baked through. Let sit for about 5 minutes, then cut into squares to serve.
Do you love casseroles?? Here are a few more to try.
Family Favorite Mexican Casserole – Giant Enchilada Casserole
Baked Spaghetti Casserole – perfect if you love lasagna!
Same great flavor, so much less work
This is comfort food at it’s best