Are you looking for a unique, quick and easy dessert idea? Strawberry soup with toasted pound cake is the perfect dish for you.
Are you looking for a special dessert to serve? Pick up a Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake! They are moist and delicious and thaw in only 10 seconds. Impress family and guests alike! Don’t have a special event? Pick up a Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake whenever your sweet tooth is calling for a quick fix!
A few years ago I went to a large fancy breakfast; they served an amazing strawberry soup that was served with crispy croutons. I have wanted to recreate this particular dessert for a long time. This dessert was served at the conclusion of a very fancy brunch. While that occasion was very special, this dessert takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.
To make this dessert, you simply need to cube up the Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake into small pieces and toss in a large skillet with some melted butter and allow the pound cake to toast. While pound cake is toasting, you will wash the strawberries, toss them into a blender with some French Vanilla yogurt and a touch of sweetener. Then combine the deliciously toasted cake with the strawberry soup, and you are ready to enjoy this fancy dessert in a flash.
I love desserts in the Spring to be fresh and fast. I went to my local Walmart, and I purchased the Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake in the freezer aisle of the grocery store. The price point for the family size is $4.54 and it thaws in only 10 seconds! I also picked up some fresh strawberries and some whipped cream. The versatility of this pound cake is amazing. So often I have used this for Strawberry Shortcake. You could also use the Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake to make a homemade trifle. No matter how you use the Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake you are going to have a delicious dessert.
Strawberry Soup with Toasted Pound Cake
- 8 ounces 1/2 inch thick of Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound strawberries washed and cored
- 1 cup French Vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- whipped cream if desired
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter. Cut 4 slices 1/2 inch thick of Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake into small cubes. Gently toast the pound cake cubes until they are golden brown, turning about every 15 seconds.
- In a blender combine strawberries that have been washed and hulled, French Vanilla yogurt, and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Toss toasted pound cake croutons into individual bowls and top with strawberry soup. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. For more Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake recipes check out the Most Exciting Pound Cake Recipes Pinterest board.