Grand Lux Cafe Strawberry Bellini is a real treat. This fruity champagne cocktail has fresh strawberries and a touch of orange liqueur. If you enjoy a cocktail with your favorite Sunday brunch, this strawberry bellini is one for you to try. This recipe is a riff on the classic cocktail, the peach bellini.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
What is a Strawberry Bellini?
Typically a Bellini is made with champagne and peach puree. This Bellini is unique as it features your favorite champagne, fresh strawberries, and Triple Sec. Triple Sec is an orange liquor, that goes well in cakes, frostings, and other drinks.
Why a Strawberry Bellini is the perfect brunch cocktail
Are you looking for the perfect drink to make for your brunch? This handcrafted fresh strawberry cocktail is super easy to make, and you can prepare them in no time at all. I know you will find this recipe super easy to make. No matter if you like your drinks a little on the sweeter side, or more on the dry side, this recipe has you covered.
Strawberry Bellini Recipe Ingredients
To make this delicious bubbly cocktail, you’ll need
- Champagne or other sparkling wine – if you like a not too sweet drink use brut champagne or sparkling while, if you like a sweet drink, I recommend using an Asti or another type of sweet champagne or sparkling wine like a prosecco
- Triple Sec – this is an orange liqueur
- Strawberries – get the freshest strawberries you can find!
How is a bellini different than a Mimosa?
A mimosa is typically made with orange juice, and bellinis are often made with peach puree. This recipe uses strawberries.
I have a big tip for you, don’t spend a lot of money on champagne. In fact, you can use sparkling wine.
I suggest you use a champagne or sparkling wine that is on the sweeter side, an Asti or even a Spumante. I think it would be more like what the Grand Lux Cafe serves. Now if you don’t like sweet drinks, you can go drier with Brut.
When I am making Mimosas, Bellini’s, or anything that is going to be mixed, I make a point to buy something drinkable, but not expensive.
Champagne vs Sparkling Wine
Do you wonder – what is the difference between champagne and sparkling wine?
Champagne is made in France before the EU enabled the branding of certain products from certain regions with many wines that were sparking or fizzy called champagne. Now unless they are made n the Champagne region, they have to call it sparkling wine.
How to Make a Strawberry Bellini
- Place finely chopped strawberries in a flute glass.
- Pour in Triple Sec.
- Gently pour in cold champagne. (there is no need to stir this drink.)
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry if desired.
I hope you give this recipe a try, it is perfect for guests at a baby shower, a bridal shower, a Mother’s Day brunch, Father’s Day, or another special gathering. It’s time to make up a large pitcher and enjoy.
Popular Cocktail Recipes
- B52 Shot
- Berry Sangria
- Blue Hawaiian
- Fruity Rum Drinks
- Fuzzy Navel
- Italian Margarita
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Mojito with Simple Syrup
- Red Snapper Cocktail
- Watermelon Margarita
Favorite Brunch Recipes
- 1 tablespoon finely diced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon Triple Sec
- 4 ounces Champagne
- 1 strawberry to garnish (optional)
- Place the diced strawberries in the bottom of a Champagne flute.
- Add the Triple Sec. Then slowly add the Champagne, being careful not to pour too quickly, as it may overflow.
- Garnish with a strawberry if desired.