It is hard to beat Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. You can make their delicious chocolate ice cream at home. It is hard to beat creamy chocolate ice cream. When you are making it just like Ben and Jerry’s, you know it has to be good.
Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Ice Cream
It is hard to beat Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. And, it is even harder to beat creamy and chocolatey ice cream! So, put the two together, and you’ve got something wonderful! Now you can make Ben & Jerry’s delicious chocolate ice cream at home. When you are making homemade chocolate ice cream just like Ben & Jerry’s, you know it has to be good.
Chocolate ice cream is an ice cream flavor that is difficult to beat, and this creamy sweet treat is well, honestly, amazing. And, what is also amazing is that this is a simple chocolate ice cream recipe that anyone can make.
This homemade chocolate ice cream recipe isn’t based on a custard, so it is easy to put together. You don’t need to cook the mixture before freezing, unlike some recipes where you need to cook the base then freeze it.
This recipe uses an ice cream maker machine because ice cream makers whip air into the ice cream base, making it lighter. The ice cream base then needs to be frozen. You can do this without a machine by simply pouring the ice cream into a container and putting it into your freezer for many hours until it freezes solid. However, you will end up with something that is much harder and heavier than if you had used an ice cream maker.
If you have concerns about raw eggs, you should purchase eggs that are pasteurized as these eggs are safe to consume raw.
Chocolate ice cream is hard to beat, this creamy sweet treat is well honestly, amazing. This is a simple chocolate ice cream recipe that anyone can make.
Chocolate Ice Cream Variations:
- If you like, you can add some roasted almonds to make this ice cream even more flavorful.
- Or, add some fudgy brownie pieces to make chocolate fudge brownie ice cream.
- I’m sure you can get even more creative – here’s a link to Ben & Jerry’s popular chocolate ice cream variations.
- This recipe is for a machine, as when you make the base of this ice cream it still needs to be frozen. Ice cream makers whip air into the ice cream making it lighter. You can do this as a no-churn recipe by simply pouring the ice cream into a container and putting it into your freezer for many hours for it to freeze solid.
Ingredients you will need to make homemade chocolate ice cream
What you need to make the ice cream:
- Unsweetened chocolate
- Heavy Cream
How to Make Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Ice Cream
Make the base by heating chocolate and milk until smooth.
Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
Whisk sugar into the eggs.
Add cream, vanilla, and salt to the egg mixture. Whisk to combine.
Add chocolate to egg mixture and stir to combine.
Refrigerate ice cream base for at least 3 hours (overnight is best).
Transfer ice cream base an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Serve and enjoy!
Love Ice Cream? Try These Recipes
- Cherry Garcia
- Cake Flavored Ice Cream
- Ben and Jerrys Vanilla
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Root Beer Freeze
- Mexican Fried Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Bon Bons
- Coconut Milkshake
- Lucky Charm Milkshake
Tasty Ice Cream Toppings
Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Ice CreamYou can make rich chocolaty ice cream at home.Print Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to CollectionsServings: 8Calories: 308kcal
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- In a small saucepan add chocolate and milk. Gradually whisk in the milk and heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the sugar into the eggs, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Add the cream, vanilla and salt and whisk to blend to the mixing bowl. Pour the chocolate mixture into the cream mixture and blend. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1-3 hours, depending on your refrigerator. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions. VARIATION: Chocolate Almond- Add 1 cup roasted whole almonds (salted or unsalted) after the ice cream stiffens, about 2 minutes before it is done, then continue to freeze until the ice cream is ready.
NutritionCalories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 197mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 555IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2.7mg