It is hard to beat Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. You can make their delicious chocolate ice cream at home. It is hard to beat creamy chocolate ice cream. When you are making it just like Ben and Jerry’s, you know it has to be good.
Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
It is hard to beat Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. And, it is even harder to beat creamy and chocolatey ice cream! So, put the two together, and you’ve got something wonderful! Now you can make Ben & Jerry’s delicious chocolate ice cream at home. When you are making homemade chocolate ice cream just like Ben & Jerry’s, you know it has to be good.
Chocolate ice cream is an ice cream flavor that is difficult to beat, and this creamy sweet treat is well, honestly, amazing. And, what is also amazing is that this is a simple chocolate ice cream recipe that anyone can make.
This homemade chocolate ice cream recipe isn’t based on a custard, so it is easy to put together. You don’t need to cook the mixture before freezing, unlike some recipes where you need to cook the base then freeze it.
Chocolate ice cream is hard to beat, this creamy sweet treat is well honestly, amazing. This is a simple chocolate ice cream recipe that anyone can make.
Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Ice Cream Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need to make this delicious chocolate ice cream:
- Unsweetened chocolate
- Heavy Cream
If you have concerns about raw eggs, you should purchase eggs that are pasteurized as these eggs are safe to consume raw.
How to Make Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Ice Cream
- Make the base by heating chocolate and milk until smooth.
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Whisk sugar into the eggs.
- Add cream, vanilla, and salt to the egg mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Add chocolate to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate the ice cream base for at least 3 hours (overnight is best.
- Transfer the ice cream base to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chocolate Ice Cream Variations
Here are some great chocolate ice cream add-ins for added flavors:
- Chocolate chips to make chocolate chip ice cream.
- Mint flavoring for a minty treat.
- Chopped roasted nuts such as almonds, pecans, peanuts, or walnuts.
- Fudgy brownie pieces to make chocolate fudge brownie ice cream.
- Edible chocolate chip cookie dough pieces.
- Peanut butter chips for chocolate peanut butter ice cream.
- Chopped strawberries for strawberry chocolate ice cream.
I’m sure you can get even more creative. Check out more of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavors for inspiration.
No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
This recipe uses an ice cream maker machine because ice cream makers whip air into the ice cream base making it lighter.
You can do this as a no-churn recipe by simply pouring the ice cream into a container and putting it into your freezer for many hours for it to freeze solid. However, you will end up with something that is much harder and heavier than if you had used an ice cream maker.
Love Ice Cream? Try these recipes!
- Ben and Jerry’s Vanilla
- Cake Flavored Ice Cream
- Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
- Coconut Milkshake
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Bon Bons
- Lucky Charms Milkshake
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Root Beer Freeze
Tasty Ice Cream Toppings
Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Ice Cream
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Place the chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- As the chocolate melts, gradually add the milk, whisking constantly, until smooth.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar into the eggs, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Add the cream, vanilla and salt to the egg mixture and whisk to blend.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the cream mixture and blend.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, from 1 to 3 hours, depending on your refrigerator.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Chocolate Almond – chopped and roasted whole almonds (salted or unsalted)
- Chocolate Chip – mini chocolate chips work great.
- Edible Cookie Dough Pieces
- Chocolate Brownie Pieces
- Peanut Butter Chips