Broccoli cheddar chicken is easy to make and is the perfect dish for the week. It’s a great one-dish recipe and is done in less than an hour. Juicy white meat chicken with a creamy cheese sauce, with a crunchy topping made of buttery Ritz crackers. This broccoli casserole is the perfect dish the first night and is delicious when reheated, I know it will become a family favorite after just one bite.
What makes the copycat Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken recipe so good?
If you love delicious comfort food, you are going to love this recipe. This creamy casserole is made with rice, fresh broccoli florets, boneless skinless chicken breasts, canned soup, and seasonings. This recipe is perfect for any night of the week. I know you are going to love this fabulous copycat recipe when you prepare this in your own kitchen.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
This Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken recipe is incredibly easy to put together, and once you place it in the oven, you are free to do other things. I love how this dish sneaks in broccoli. I think if you made some rice to go along with this dish you would have a quick and easy meal.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Cheddar cheese soup mix (condensed soup can)
- Whole Milk
- Ritz crackers or other cracker crumbs
- Frozen broccoli, you can use fresh broccoli florets if desired
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Seasoned salt
How to Make Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
- Preheat the oven. Spray non-stick spray into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Prepare the Cheddar cheese soup according to the directions on the can.
- Place chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle seasoned salt on the chicken.
- Pour ¾ of the prepared soup over the chicken breasts.
- Add broccoli to the chicken that has been covered with the cheddar soup.
- Melt butter and combine with crushed Ritz crackers. Sprinkle buttered crackers over the broccoli.
- Add remaining cheesy sauce and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Casserole is a dish you don’t want to miss. This is the perfect dish to sneak in some broccoli for your family. I like to bring this dish to a family potluck, the dish always comes back empty.
How to Store Leftover Casserole
Be sore to spoon any of the chicken casseroles out of the casserole dish. Place the casserole into an airtight container. This will stay fresh in your refrigerator for up to five days. You can also freeze this for up to 3 months.
What’s the best way to reheat this casserole?
Simply reheat this in the microwave when you are ready to serve this again. I like to heat the casserole in 1 to 2-minute increments until the casserole is fully heated.
Do you love Cracker Barrel? Try these copycat recipes!
- Pot Roast with Mushrooms
- Homestyle Fried Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Tenders
- Cracker Barrel Potatoes
- Meatloaf Recipe with Crackers
- Eggs in a Basket
- Ham and Egg Casserole
- Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake
- Smore Dessert
Popular Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Leftover Chicken Casserole
- King Ranch Casserole
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Chicken and Dressing Casserole
Be sure to check out more of my chicken recipes for dinner and the best Cracker Barrel copycat recipes.
Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken breasts 4 portions, boneless and skinless
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup 10.25 ounces
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Ritz Crackers crushed
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces broccoli frozen
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Make can of Cheddar cheese soup mix according to package directions (one can of soup mix to one can of milk). Place chicken breasts in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Season the chicken with seasoned salt. Pour 3/4 of the prepared soup over the chicken breasts.
- Add broccoli to chicken that has been covered with the cheddar soup. Melt butter and combine with Ritz crackers, sprinkle buttered crackers over the broccoli. Add remaining soup mix, and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until the chicken is done. (Check chicken by cutting the thickest part and look to see that the chicken is uniform in color). When the chicken has been removed from oven sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
thank you very much.
sorry, i thought no was going answer my question, keep my name for the newsletter.
i want to make this, but can i use rotisserie chicken, instead.
Yes, you could make this with Rotisserie chicken.
The best part is the tender chicken breast and less sodium