Have you tried the Cracker Barrel Campfire S’more? It is a delicious fudgy brownie on top of a buttery graham cracker crust, topped with a marshmallow and chocolate.
The Cracker Barrel menu has lots of campfire favorites during the summer. The Cracker Barrel Campfire s’more is a treat you are going to love. We start out with a buttery graham cracker crust, then top it with a fudgy brownie. We then pop a marshmallow on it and toast that marshmallow. The toasted marshmallow gets topped with Hershey’s chocolate. Did I mention that we serve this with vanilla ice cream and chocolate?
S’more brownies are a wonderful treat to make, you can capture the childhood fun of a sitting by a campfire making S’mores, and it brings these flavors indoors. You can serve this dessert for a group of people. This recipe makes nine servings, or 8 if you want to try one ahead of time.
These are fun desserts that are great to serve at a party. I don’t make these until just before serving. You can pop the marshmallows on top and put those in your oven and use the broiler to brown them. During the summer sometimes you can find larger square marshmallows instead of the regular ones. Any marshmallows will do though.
If you wanted to use a package mix of brownies instead of making brownies from scratch, you could do that as well. You will need to make sure the package is designed for a smaller pan. While homemade brownies taste better, you can use a boxed mix for this recipe and the package mix will taste fine.
Love the Cracker Barrel? Be sure to check out these other Cracker Barrel copycat recipes.
Cracker Barrel Campfire S'mores
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small package of brownie mix enough for an 8 x 8 pan, or use the brownie ingredients listed below.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa (Hershey's)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 9 marshmallows marshmallows
- 5 Hershey candy bars
- 4 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Make the graham cracker crust by mixing together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter in a large bowl. Stir until well combined. Line a 8 x 8 inch baking pan with waxed paper or parchment paper. Make sure the paper is larger than the pan, you will later lift the brownies out of the pan when they are done. Press the graham cracker crumbs into the pan.
- Place the pan into the oven while you are making the brownies. Prepare the brownies by sifting together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Melt butter in a 10 - 12 cup saucepan over moderate heat. Stir in sugar and vanilla, and add eggs one at a time. Stir in dry ingredients, and stir in nuts. Spread smoothly over the graham cracker crust. Cook the brownies for 23 to 25 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan.
- When the brownies have cooled completely, gently lift them out of the pan. Cut the brownies into 9 equal portions. When you are ready to serve the brownies, top each one with a large marshmallow and place the brownie under the broiler in your oven. Cook for a few moments until the marshmallow begins to brown. When the marshmallow has browned remove it from the oven, and then top with 1/2 of a Hershey bar. Serve with vanilla ice cream, and top the vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce.