Three cheese broccoli soup is a rich and almost decadent soup. The blend of Swiss, Havarti, and Cheddar cheese makes for a delicious bowl of soup. Everyone will ask where you got your recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Cheesy Broccoli Soup
This cheesy broccoli soup is so rich it can almost rise to the level of decadence! The blend of Swiss, Havarti, and Cheddar cheeses gives you the best broccoli cheese soup ever. After all, why use just one cheese when three work better? It’s simply a delicious bowl of soup, and everyone will want the recipe. Broccoli and cheese soup is pure comfort food.
Soup is an essential winter meal, and this cheddar broccoli soup will earn a place at the top of your soup list. It’s a favorite of kids because of its creamy texture and cheesy flavor and loved by parents because it’s secretly loaded with nutritious broccoli. More veggies can be added if you choose.
Why You Should Make This Homemade Cheesy Broccoli Soup Recipe
Looking for a creamy broccoli cheese soup recipe? This recipe will give you the best broccoli cheese soup. It’s easy to make and can be ready in about 30 minutes. You’ll be rewarded with the best, creamiest, richest, and most amazing soup.
If you’re having difficulty getting your picky eaters to eat their veggies, you’ll want to try this recipe for cheese and broccoli soup. With the delicious creamy cheesy taste, they may not even realize they’re eating broccoli!
- Here’s an interesting article on how to get kids to eat broccoli.
Best Broccoli Cheese Soup – Ingredients You Will Need
Here is your shopping list:
- Cheese – Cheddar, Havarti, and Swiss
- All-purpose flour
- Chicken broth
- Heavy whipping cream
- Garlic powder
- White pepper
- Ground thyme
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce
It’s best to shred your own cheese and avoid pre-shredded cheese packages, which have a coating to prevent clumping that does not help the cheese to melt smoothly.
For the cheddar, you can use any level, from mild cheddar cheese to sharp cheddar cheese.
How to Make Homemade Cheesy Broccoli Soup
There is nothing complicated about making this tasty soup. Here’s an overview of the steps:
- Melt the butter and blend in the flour and seasonings.
- Add the broth and milk and stir until thickened.
- Stir in the broccoli and simmer for 10 minutes, until the broccoli is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if desired.
For more detailed instructions, please see below.
Once the soup is prepared, you can keep it warm in a crock pot or slow cooker set on low.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Variations
You could choose to add extra veggies to bulk up this delicious soup – onion, carrots, zucchini, and diced potatoes. Here are some other suggestions:
- Vegetarian Cheesy Broccoli Soup: Replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock.
- Lower Calory Cheese and Broccoli Soup: Replace the heavy cream with half-and-half.
- Best Broccoli Cheese Soup With Bacon: Add some bacon bits. Because? Bacon!!
- Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup With Chicken: If you want to add meat, top it with chopped grilled or shredded chicken or mix it in.
What to Serve With Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup
This delicious soup is perfect at any time, but especially for lunch on a cold winter day if you’ve been shoveling snow all morning!! Here are some pairing suggestions:
- Serve this hearty and cheesy soup with some yeast rolls for a complete meal!
- Focaccia is a perfect accompaniment.
- You could also go with breadsticks.
What to Do With Leftover Three Cheese Broccoli Soup
Did you make too much soup? Here are some ideas for using leftover soup:
- Pour it over baked potatoes.
- Use it on top of burgers.
- Toss it with your favorite pasta.
- Mash it up in your mashed potatoes.
How to Store and Reheat Cheesy Broccoli Soup
To refrigerate: Place any leftover soup in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop over medium-low heat.
To freeze: Place plastic freezer bags and freeze flat or in freezer-safe containers. To reheat, thaw completely in the fridge, then warm on low heat to prevent curdling.
More Broccoli Recipes
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Baked Broccoli and Cheese
- Broccoli Beef
- Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole
- Broccoli Pasta Salad
Popular Soup Recipes
- Beef Tortilla Soup
- Friendship Soup in a Jar
- Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Onion Soup Gratinee
- Panera Tomato Soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Senate Bean Soup
- Taco Soup
Three Cheese Broccoli Soup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 dash ground thyme
- 14.5 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups bite-size broccoli florets
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Melt the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Add the flour, garlic powder, nutmeg, white pepper, and thyme. Mix well.
- Gradually whisk in the broth and milk. Continue to cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add the broccoli and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the cream, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and the cheeses. Stir until the cheeses have melted.