This is a tasty broccoli-cheese pasta salad, Mozzarella cheese, fresh broccoli, and a tasty mustard vinaigrette make for a tasty salad.
Are you ever looking for a different salad to serve? Sure, we all love potato salad, macaroni salad, and coleslaw. Sometimes you want something a little bit different. You can put together this broccoli cheddar salad in no time at all. This salad is made with fresh broccoli, pasta, mozzarella, and a wonderful mustard vinaigrette.
What I love about this salad is that it is a hearty salad, is that it is made with fresh broccoli. It’s a great way to enjoy fresh broccoli and tomatoes. I have made this with mozzarella cheese, I have also made this with other types of cheese as well.
You can make this salad a day or two ahead of time, so the flavors mingle together.
Love side dish salads? Be sure to check out these salads
Broccoli-Cheese Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces Rigatoni cook according to package directions
- 4 cups broccoli flowerettes
- 4 ounces Mozzarella cheese cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Salad Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water, and drain. Cook broccoli in a small amount of boiling water 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly tender; drain. Rinse with cold water, and drain. Combine pasta, broccoli, mozzarella cheese, and herbs in a large bowl, toss with Mustard Vinaigrette, and serve on a lettuce-lined platter.Mustard Vinaigrette Combine all ingredients in a jar, cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Cover and chill.