Marinated Mozzarella Salad is a recipe that I received from a friend of mine. Whenever this person came to a party, this is the dish you wanted her to bring. This is salad can be served with bruschetta, or even tossed with a little bit of pasta. Baby buffalo mozzarella, kalamata olives, onions, and balsamic vinegar make this taste so rich and tangy.
This has become one of my favorite go-to party dishes. There are always a few party dishes that you like to serve whenever you have a party. So if you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I love those dishes you can prepare ahead of time, and just bring out when your guests arrive. You can do that with this salad. Best of all this recipe is flexible. If tomatoes are on sale use some extra, have a lot of olives, use more than it requires, have some other random fresh veggies, use those in this salad recipe.
Marinated Mozzarella Salad
- 1 pound buffalo mozzarella you can use any size
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, red or green onions
- 6 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a medium sized bowl add bite sized chopped mozzarella cheese. Add remaining ingredients in no particular order. Taste for seasoning, you may want to add additional balsamic vinegar. Store in a covered container in your refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving. This recipe is very flexible, if you like more garlic, add it. Sometimes I add chopped red onion, and green onion.