Star Pizza Baked Goat Cheese is one of my favorite appetizers at Star Pizza. Star Pizza has a couple of locations in Houston, Texas, and for me, this is the best pizza in H-Town.
Goat cheese has a really distinctive flavor that is hard to beat, but these folks do it so well at Star Pizza, this creamy goat cheese is baked with Italian seasonings on top until it is nice and golden brown and served with fresh baked bread. This is a wonderful dish to make at home. The baked goat cheese is perfect for a party or even a special dinner. This is so easy to make. Goat cheese is simply sprinkled with Italian seasonings and baked until golden brown.
The Italian seasoning blend is a blend you will find in most grocery stores, it is a blend of many seasonings and is perfect for this recipe. This seasoning blend is very common and goes well in adding a little extra something to jars of spaghetti sauce.
Baked Goat Cheese
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- sliced French bread for serving
- Allow the goat cheese to soften to room temperature and spread it out in a small shallow ramekin or au gratin dish.
- Combine the Italian seasoning and salt and sprinkle it over the goat cheese.
- Turn on your oven's broiler feature and adjust the oven rack if necessary. Broil the cheese until it is golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with sliced French bread.