Super Bowl Pizza Bun Sliders are one is this year’s 2012 finalists. One of the reasons why the judges and the official food tasters enjoyed this recipe is that it is like a cinnamon bun met a pizza parlor.
Donna mentioned they can be served hot or cold. She is exactly right. I added a bowl of marinara sauce to be served up with these. These were easy to make, and I think you could add things some extras like olives, mushrooms, or whatever pizza toppings you really enjoy.
Pin this to save and share with your friends:
Super Bowl Pizza Bun Sliders
- 6 ounces pepperoni chopped
- 1/2 cup sausage cooked, drained crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided use
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons pizza seasoning divided ue
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 cups marinara sauce
- 2 – 1 pound packages pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 - 12 cup muffin tins. Place the pepperoni in the bowl of a food processor. Add the sausage, 1 /4 cup Parmesan, , scallions and 1 1 /2 tablespoons seasoning and pulse until mixed. Set aside. Remove each dough from its packaging and roll into a ball. Gently flour a workspace.
- Roll out 1 ball of dough to a 10 X 12-inch rectangle. Place the meat mixture into a large bowl and mix in the marinara sauce. Take 1 /2 of the meat- sauce mixture and spread across the dough.
- Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Roll up – jelly-roll style to produce a 12-inch log. Slice the log into 12 – inch pieces. (The easiest way is to slice in half to yield 2- 6-inch pieces, slice again (4 – 3-inch pieces and so on.)
- Place a piece into a cup of the muffin tin. Repeat with the second ball of dough. Brush top with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and seasoning.
- Place in oven and bake 20-24 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and place on a platter or in a basket. These handmade pizza buns feature fresh tomatoes and a lot of flavors packed into single fisted bite! Quick and easy to make.
- These quick and easy rolls are a great handmade an alternative to a large slice pizza, can be served hot from the oven, warm or cold and are great for a Super Bowl Party!