Also known as Hot Poppers or Jalapeno Poppers, these Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers are a popular appetizer at many places. You may want to serve these with some ranch dressing. They are so tasty!
Image by Teresa Levite from Shutterstock Photography.
Love Jalapeno Peppers? Try these recipes
- Jalapeno popper grilled cheese
- Quick and Easy Candied Jalapenos
- Chuys Creamy Jalapeno Dip
- Wonton Jalapeno Poppers
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
- 24 jalapeno peppers (1 1/4 lb) medium size
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Wearing plastic gloves, cut stem end off peppers with paring knife. Carefully remove seeds and white membrane. Stuff peppers with cheese. Heat oil in deep-fat fryer to 375* or in large pot until oil registers 375 degrees. Meanwhile, place eggs in small bowl. Place crumbs in shallow pan. Drop 4 peppers in eggs; toss to coat. Using fork, lift 1 pepper at a time out of egg, shaking off excess. Drop into crumbs; toss to coat. Place on sheet pan. When all peppers are coated, set aside for 15 min. to set up and dry. Repeat 6 more times with remaining peppers. With slotted spoon, slip peppers, 5-6 at a time, into hot oil. Fry 2-3 minutes, until golden. Remove to platter lined with paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining peppers. Serve immediately. 24 poppers. You may want to serve this a side of your favorite Ranch dressing.