Are you looking for a new sandwich? Love Jalapeno Poppers? I have a solution for you. A jalapeno popper grilled cheese sandwich.
Sponsored post by Mirum. All opinions are my own
Jalapeno poppers have to be one of the most addicting snacks there are. Wouldn’t you love to put all of this into a sandwich? You can this sandwich combines spicy jalapeno peppers, several types of cheese, Hellmann’s® mayonnaise and Bacon. If you are making this for your family, my instructions are to make this in the oven, so you can bring all 4 sandwiches out of the oven at once.
With the fall comes lots of tailgating. Perhaps you have a local game to attend, or you may enjoy tailgating for your favorite team. We all love to bring out some of our fun favorite recipes when serving up a crowd. You may want to try some new recipes like Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s Hellmann’s® >Turkey Nacho Crunch Strangewichor Kelley Earnhardt’s Hellmann’s® Creamy Onion Dip. Do those recipes sound great? Give Dale Jr or his sister Kelly a call and hear a special message from them. **Hellmanns. Simply DIAL ‘**Hellmanns on your phone, or if you are viewing this on your phone, click the link. You can also watch their fun video here.
I like to use Hellmann’s® in my jalapeno popper sandwich because it really helps to turn my cheese filling into a filling that has some zip, and it is super creamy with the addition of Hellmann’s® Mayonnaise. I’d call it my secret ingredient when it comes to making this sandwich. It helps hold together my cheesy filling, and it does so with flavor. I found this at my local Walmart when I popped in for a quick shopping trip, there I picked up everything I needed to make these sandwiches. When shopping at Walmart, be sure to pick up Hellmann’s® in two convenient sizes. The 30 ounce size is perfect for making recipes, you can see more about it here. The 20 ounce size is perfect to put in a cooler and take your next tailgate event, read more about it here.
Now you are ready to make one amazing Jalapeno Popper Sandwich and have the best tailgating party ever.
Jalapeno popper grilled cheese
- 10 to 12 medium-sized jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices sour dough bread
- 12 slices bacon cooked, break in half
- 8 slices munster cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Place about 10 to 12 medium-sized jalapeno peppers on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Roast the peppers until the skins have blackened, and the peppers have turned from a bright shiny green to a dull green collar. Cooking the peppers will take about 10 - 12 minutes.
- With gloved hands, pull off the skin of the peppers. (The skins are tough). Pull the stem off of the peppers, and then open the peppers up with one cut down the pepper, open the pepper and then scrape out the seeds. If you like a lot of heat leave the peppers whole, if not, consider cutting them into small strips.
- Turn the oven down to 400 degrees, you will cook the sandwiches in there. In a small bowl combine cream cheese, Hellmann’s® Mayonnaise, shredded cheddar cheese, ground chipotle (optional), and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until the cheese filling is uniform. Prepare the sandwiches by spreading 1/4 of the cheese mixture on 4 slices of bread. Place jalapeno pepper pieces on top of the cheese, you will want to cover up the cheese filling.
- Place 6 pieces of bacon on the peppers (that's 3 pieces of whole bacon that you broke in half), and then top with 2 slices of cheese. Top sandwich with the remaining slice of bread. Lightly butter the outer pieces of bread on each sandwich. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake sandwiches for about 5 minutes or until golden brown, flip sandwiches over, and continue to bake until they are golden brown. They will take less time on the outside. If you have a convection oven, be extra careful with the time.