Jimmy Buffet’s Spicy Macaroni and Cheese is a great take on this classic comfort food. We all can’t get away to one of the Margaritaville restaurants, but you can make one of their most-loved side dishes at home.
Jimmy Buffet’s Spicy Macaroni and cheese is an macaroni and cheese that is a creamy macaroni and cheese that has a bit of a kick. Macaroni and cheese is a favorite comfort dish of so many of us, personally, whenever macaroni and cheese are served, I will give the recipe a try.
Who doesn’t just love macaroni and cheese? This macaroni and cheese is a wonderfully spicy version. While it is spicy it is not too hot. The juice from the jalapeno peppers adds just the right touch. This is a great recipe to bring to a party because it has some extra kick to it.
Why Jimmy Buffet’s Spicy and Macaroni Cheese is so good.
This recipe works on many different levels. It combines layers of flavors. This recipe isn’t one dimensional. Multiple types of cheese are used for really getting a good cheese flavor. By using the seasoned salt, and layering with jalapeno juice, you are getting not only a spice, but lots of flavors. The creamy cheesy sauce makes this dish perfect to enjoy with any meal.
Woah that’s a lot of jalapenos in this macaroni and cheese. Is this too hot?
This recipe will not light your tongue on fire, nor make you feel you entered the 9th level of Dante’s Inferno. Why is that? There are a couple of things going on here that really help. First, the heavy cream and the cream cheese really help to reduce the heat of the pickled jalapenos. Pickled jalapenos aren’t as hot. Learn more about why pickled jalapenos aren’t as hot as fresh peppers.
In a saucepan melt butter. Add cream cheese and mix until blended. Add heavy cream and whisk. Add jalapeno juice and whisk. Mix in cheddar, stirring until cheddar is completely melted. Mix in sliced jalapenos. Add salt and Tony Chachere’s seasoning.
Jimmy Buffet’s Spicy Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 pound cream cheese melte melted
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sliced jalapenos from a jar
- 1/2 cup jalapeno juice from a jar
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 pound Macaroni
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan melt butter. Add cream cheese and mix until blended. Add heavy cream and whisk. Add jalapeno juice and whisk. Mix in cheddar, stirring until cheddar is completely melted. Mix in sliced jalapenos. Add salt and Tony Chachere's seasoning.
- Continue whisking until all ingredients are completely incorporated. Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick spray. Layer bottom of a 13 x 9-inch pan with cooked macaroni. Cover with cheddar mixture. Add another layer of pasta and cheddar mixture. Dust top with breadcrumbs. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- Add some cooked linked sausage and turn this into a meal.
- This macaroni and cheese is great when you use Pepper Jack cheese.
- This dish is really best eaten in one sitting, you can reheat it, but it gets a little dry the second time around.