Jimmy Buffet’s Spicy Macaroni and cheese is an macaroni and cheese that is a creamy macaroni and cheese that has a bit of a kick. Macaroni and cheese is a favorite comfort dish of so many of us, personally, whenever macaroni and cheese are served, I will give the recipe a try. This recipe for Jimmy Buffet’s Spicy Macaroni and cheese came from the Copykatchat Message board. If you have never made homemade macaroni and cheese you should give it a try, you won’t want to reach for the boxed stuff after making it from scratch.
Who doesn’t just love macaroni and cheese? This macaroni and cheese is a wonderfully spicy version. While it is spicy it is not too hot. The juice from the jalapeno peppers adds just the right touch. This is a great recipe to bring to a party because it has some extra kick to it.
Jimmy Buffet’s Spicy Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 pound cream cheese melte melted
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sliced jalapenos from a jar
- 1/2 cup jalapeno juice from a jar
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 pound Macaroni
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a saucepan melt butter. Add cream cheese and mix until blended. Add heavy cream and whisk. Add jalapeno juice and whisk. Mix in cheddar, stirring until cheddar is completely melted. Mix in sliced jalapenos. Add salt, Tony Chachere's seasoning and flour.
- Continue whisking until all ingredients are completely incorporated. Spray loaf pan with pan coating. Layer bottom of a 13 x 9-inch pan with cooked macaroni. Cover with cheddar mixture. Add another layer of pasta and cheddar mixture. Dust top with breadcrumbs. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Recipe by Kaci
- This recipe for Jimmy Buffet's Spicy Macaroni and Cheese is a not too hot side dish. If you use pickled jalapeno peppers, like the ones you use for nachos, this isn't too hot. By using the cream cheese in this recipe, this is a very creamy dish that is easy to prepare.
Blog post contains an affiliate link.