You can enjoy baked hot dogs in the oven. If you have never tried oven baked hot dogs, you are missing out on one of the best ways to prepare hot dogs.
There are so many different ways to prepare hot dogs. Have you ever thought about cooking hot dogs in the oven. Oven roasting hot dogs is one of the easiest ways to cook a whole package of hot dogs at once is to roast them in the oven.
Tips for cooking hot dogs in the oven
- Cut slits into the hot dogs to increase the surface area, this way the hot dogs brown more.
- About half-way through cooking give the pan a shake to rotate the hot dogs, this way they brown on all sides.
- Line the baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
- Cook the hot dogs in a savory sauce for lots of flavors.
- This is a great way to cook up a lot of hot dogs at once
What makes this recipe unique?
This recipe has the hot dogs baking in the oven in a delicious homemade savory barbecue sauce. As the hot dogs cook they soak up the flavor of the sauce. You could serve these hot dogs with potato chips or coleslaw.
How can you change this recipe up? I have made this recipe with the full-sized smokies, as well as the hot dogs with cheese. If you don’t have time to make a homemade barbecue sauce, you can use a bottle of your favorite sauce.
Love hot dogs? You can enjoy these great hot dog recipes.
What to do next? Before you try this recipe be sure to let me know what you like to serve on top of your hot dogs!
Hot dogs baked in the oven with barbecue sauce.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 12 hot dogs
- Saute onion in butter until clear.
- Add dry seasonings, catsup, vinegar, water, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boil.
- Cut 3-inch slits in each frankfurter. Place in a flat baking pan, slit side up. Pour sauce over frankfurters and bake in 350 degrees oven for 25 minutes. Baste frankfurters with sauce.