Logans Roadhouse is known for its fried mushrooms. One of the things I love most about making a copycat recipe is that you get the opportunity to recreate those dishes you love at home.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Deep Fried Mushrooms
Logans Roadhouse has many wonderful dishes, they make a wonderful steak, but they also have lots of great appetizers, and they make a variety of adult lemonades that are hard to resist.
One of the reasons that everyone loves making copycat recipes is that you aren’t limited by the quantities that the restaurant serves. My crowd loves fried mushrooms, no one likes rationing out a few appetizers while you wait for your food. When you cook at home, you aren’t limited by a restaurant. You can make all of the mushrooms that you want.
These fried mushrooms are very simple, they are made with seasoned flour, and dipped in buttermilk. Buttermilk always makes a nice thick batter.
This deep fried mushrooms batter recipe could be used to make chicken fried steaks, chicken tenders, onion rings, and much more. I know you will be so happy with how easy these are to make.
Here’s a list of what you need for homemade fried mushrooms:
- Fresh white button mushrooms
- All-purpose flour
- Ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Fried Mushrooms
- Pour oil into a large saucepan or deep fryer to a depth of 3 to 4 inches.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Gently clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Trim the stems from mushrooms larger than ¾-inch wide.
- Combine flour with salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Combine buttermilk and water in another bowl.
- Dredge mushrooms in the seasoned flour and shake off excess flour.
- Dip mushrooms in buttermilk mixture.
- Dredge dipped mushrooms in the flour again and shake off excess flour.
- Gently lower breaded mushrooms gently into the hot oil.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Drain fried mushrooms on a wire rack.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
Best Oil and Fryer for Fried Mushrooms
For this recipe, I use vegetable oil for frying, I like to use my T-Fal Fryer, I like it because it filters the oil, and it has a lid so the grease doesn’t splatter everywhere. I have used this for frying fish and much more. I love this fryer, as it can keep a constant temperature and is so easy to use.
If you love fried mushrooms, you will love these great appetizer recipes.
- Texas Style Fries
- Fat Ronnies Mushrooms
- Fried Spuds Recipe
- Best Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Bloomin Onion Petals
- Fried Zucchini Recipe
- Fried Mozzarella Slices
- Mini Burgers
- Fried Pickles
- Deep Fried Mashed Potatoes
Top Restaurant Copycat Recipes with Mushrooms
Logans Roadhouse Fried Mushrooms
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 pound fresh white button mushrooms
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup water
- Pour oil into a large saucepan or deep fryer to a depth of 3 to 4 inches. Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Gently clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel. If these stems are very large (greater than 3/4 inch), trim off the stem, as they may be woody. If the mushrooms are small, there is no need to trim off the stem.
- Combine the flour with the salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine the flour mixture.
- Combine buttermilk and water in another bowl
- Dredge the mushrooms in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess, and then dip them in the buttermilk.
- Dredge them in the flour again. Knock off the excess flour.
- Lower the mushrooms gently into the hot oil, cook them until they are golden brown. It will take about 2 to 3 minutes for the mushrooms to cook. Drain on a wire rack. Serve with your favorite sauce.