The Longhorn Steakhouse menu is ever-changing and they are always coming up with amazing recipes. The fall menu occasionally features creamy mushroom bisque with truffle oil. This is one soup you don’t want to miss.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Creamy Mushroom Bisque Soup
Mushroom bisque is a wonderful creamy soup that is perfect for fall. Longhorn Steakhouse Mushroom Bisque is made with two different types of mushrooms and a touch of truffle oil.
Truffle oil is a wonderful addition to so many mushroom dishes. Its earthy flavor naturally pairs with mushrooms.
This soup can easily be put together in very little time and it tastes like it was cooked for hours.
The layers of mushrooms in this soup are sublime. We are using three different mushroom flavors to make a robust mushroom bisque. I find that when you layer any type of mushroom soup with multiple types of mushrooms you get a full flavor that brings out the best possible flavor.
We are using baby portobello mushrooms and white button mushrooms for the base of the soup. We are also using a touch of truffle oil to help boost the flavor.
Mushroom Bisque Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- White button mushrooms
- Baby portobello mushrooms
- White onion
- Fresh garlic
- Low sodium chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Truffle oil
Truffle Oil Tips
Truffle oil is an ingredient that is a splurge. While it is a splurge, you don’t need to use very much of it to notice it in a recipe.
There are a lot of false truffle oils out there that have been flavored with a synthetic compound which is most often thioether (2,4-dithiapentane).
I personally like to buy truffle oil from a reputable retailer such as Costco or The Spice House. I do this because I feel they strive to provide real truffle oil.
How to Make Mushroom Bisque
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms and chopped onion and sprinkle them with salt.
- Cook until the onions are transparent and the mushrooms have released their water.
- Add garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer the mushrooms and onions to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chicken broth and heat through.
- Use a stick blender or food processor to process the soup until the mushrooms are finely chopped.
- Add heavy cream, stir, and heat the soup until it is warm.
- Add truffle oil and serve immediately.
What to Serve with Mushroom Bisque
I find this soup goes well with some hot rolls. I really like Texas Roadhouse Rolls. These sweet yeast rolls complement the soup very well.
A simple garden salad is a good choice too.
More Longhorn Steakhouse Recipes
Popular Bisque and Soup Recipes
- Autumn Squash Soup
- Crab Bisque
- Crawfish Bisque
- Cream of Celery Soup
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Cream of Vegetable Soup
- Old Fashioned Potato Soup
- Pumpkin Curry Soup
- Seafood Bisque
- Senate Bean Soup
- Tuscan Soup
Longhorn Steakhouse Mushroom Bisque
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 4 ounces baby portobello mushroom sliced
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons truffle oil
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms and chopped onion.
- Sprinkle salt on the mushrooms and onions.
- Sauté until the onions have become transparent and the mushrooms have released their water.
- Add chopped garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mushrooms and onions to a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chicken broth and heat through.
- Use either a stick blender or food processor to process the soup until the mushrooms are chopped very fine.
- Add heavy cream and heat until the soup is warm.
- Add truffle oil just before serving.
- You may want to drizzle sour cream on the soup just before serving.