Make Dixie Stampede Cream of Vegetable Soup at home with this easy copycat recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Your trip to Branson, MO or Knoxville, TN isn’t complete without the satisfying feast and exuberant entertainment of Dolly Parton’s famous Stampede. Dining at the Stampede brings back those good times you had at your mom’s kitchen table.
You and your family will have an enjoyable time enjoying the home-style food along with the entertainment; beautiful horses, trick riding, and music. You’ve never had dinner with so much fun!
Everyone loves Dixie Stampede’s Cream of Vegetable Soup
If you’ve ever been to the Dixie Stampede, then you know that one of the best parts of the show is the food. They serve an amazing meal that begins with a helping of a creamy vegetable soup that is just amazing!
However, even though you can’t get this delicious cream of vegetable soup just anywhere, you can cook up this soup at home. And, if you have enjoyed the Stampede, you can make this soup to remind you of the good times you had there.
This soup is really simple to make and only takes a few minutes. It’s a very creamy dish and the vegetables are finely chopped. Most of the ingredients are staples that are likely in your pantry right now.
Make Dixie Stampede Soup at Home
There is no need to make a special trip to Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede just for the soup.
Now you can create this show-stopper soup in your own kitchen just like they do at the Dixie Stampede. This pureed vegetable soup in a cream base is easy to prepare and delicious. Serve it hot and enjoy.
Dolly has generously revealed this recipe and many more in her great cookbook called Dolly’s Dixie Fixin’s.
Here is a list of what you need to make this delicious soup:
- Chicken Broth
- Frozen Peas
- Green Beans
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Heavy Cream
How to Make Dixie Stampede Vegetable Soup
- Fully cook all the vegetables individually.
- Grind or chop the vegetables into small pieces.
- Place broth, vegetables, and seasonings in a large pot.
- Bring the soup to a boil.
- Add heavy whipping cream and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is one of my favorites for a busy day! You can have this soup on the table in less than thirty minutes. I would consider this a starter dish.
This vegetable soup in chicken broth comes compliments of the finest Southern cooking. You can vary this recipe to your own liking.
For instance, you can use more or different vegetables or add potatoes for a chunkier soup. Adding cooked rice or pasta is also great to do.
Experiment a little bit, and let me know if you come up with an out-of-this-world flavor combination.
Love Creamy Vegetable Soups? Try these recipes!
- Cheese Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Cream of Artichoke Soup
- Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Cream of Celery Soup
- Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Homemade Potato Soup
- Panera Creamy Tomato Soup
- Panera Autumn Squash Soup
Dixie Stampede Cream of Vegetable Soup
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup whole kernel sweet corn
- ½ cup canned green beans
- ½ cup carrots peeled & grated
- 1 quart chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- Fully cook all of the vegetables individually and then grind or chop them into small pieces.
- Bring broth, vegetables, and seasonings to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and stir to combine.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.