Soup Kitchen is located in New York City. This came out of a cookbook called New York Cookbook by Molly O’Neal.
Soup Nazi Seafood Bisque
Love seafood soup recipes? Check out these seafood soup recipes
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 pounds lobster
- 12 shrimp in the shell
- 24 mussels well scrubbed
- 12 sea scallops
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup fresh spinach well rinsed and washed
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine white wine, bay leaf, onion, garlic, and celery in a noncreative large stockpot over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add the lobster and cover the pot, and steam for 10 minutes. Remove the lobster.
- Add the Shrimp, cover the pot, and steam for 5 minutes. Remove the shrimp with tongs.
- Add the mussels, cover the pot, and steam until they open, about 5 minutes. Remove the mussels with tongs, extract the meat and discard the shells. Discard any (mussels sic) that do not open.
- Add 2 cups water to the liquid in the pot, bring to a boil.
- Add the scallops. Cover the pot and steam for 3 minutes. Remove the scallops with the tongs.
- Extract the lobster meat, reserving the shells.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, reserving the shells.
- Chop the lobster and shrimp meat into bite-size pieces, cover and set aside.
- Return the seafood shells to the pot of broth and add 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the broth, and return it to the pan. Bring the broth to a simmer over low heat.
- Add the cream, milk, thyme, parsley, and rosemary and simmer until the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the lobster, shrimp, mussels, and scallops, and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, carrots, and simmer for another 2 minutes to just wilt the spinach.
- Season with salt, pepper, and stir in the lemon juice.