What makes this Chicken Spaghetti bake better? Bacon, bacon makes this chicken spaghetti better. This recipe is a great way to use up left over chicken, or if you don’t have any on hand, boil up a couple pieces of chicken, and you will be making this dish in no time. The Parmesan cheese is a nice change on top of Chicken Spaghetti.
Chicken Spaghetti Bake
- 4 ounces Spaghetti cooked according to package directions
- 2 slices chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 16 ounces canned tomatoes cut up
- 10.75 ounces can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 10 ounces frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Break the spaghetti in half. Cook according to the package directions; drain. In a large saucepan cook bacon, onion, and garlic till bacon is crisp. Blend in flour.
- Add undrained tomatoes, soup, and milk. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Add shredded American cheese; stir until melted. Stir in cooked spaghetti and cubed chicken and thawed peas. Turn into a 2 1/2 quart casserole. Top with Parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.