Cheesy Taco Spaghetti Casserole is a fun take on everyone’s favorite spaghetti. You can put this recipe together in no time at all.
What happens when you transform a spaghetti dish by using your favorite enticing ground beef taco flavors? Gosh darn – the best weeknight dinner ever! And, even better, it’s all cooked in one pot. Taco spaghetti is a cheesy dish that’s a fun Tex-Mex take on everyone’s favorite Italian spaghetti recipe. And, you can put it together in no time at all.
Taco Casserole – A Big Family Favorite
Your children and grandchildren (when they come over) will love this taco spaghetti recipe, although they may be surprised that there are no tacos in it! If you take one to a potluck, your casserole dish will come home completely empty. Here are some suggested toppings:
- A dollop of sour cream.
- Some cilantro.
- Sliced green onions, black olives, and sour cream.
- Crumbled Doritos chips.
Who doesn’t love a good old fashioned casserole
Casseroles are great for dinner, and you have a whole meal in only one dish. They serve a crowd or a big family. You can even prepare a casserole early in the week, and place portions in lunch containers to take to work. Casseroles are easy to make and won’t blow a big hole in your grocery budget.
This copykat taco spaghetti recipe is not cast in stone. I’m sure you can come up with some variations. Here are a few suggestions.
- Substitute ground turkey or shredded chicken for the beef.
- Throw in any leftover veggies you want to use up – also an excellent way to “sneak” some in for your kids to eat.
- Add green pepper and garlic powder.
- Substitute rice pasta if you want your casserole to be gluten-free.
Love Casseroles? Be sure to check out some of these casserole recipes
- Sausage Casserole
- Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole
- Baked Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole
Taco Spaghetti Casserole
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 30 ounces red enchilada sauce 3 (10 ounce) cans
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 8 ounces American cheese cubed, or Velveeta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook pasta to al-dente according to package directions.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven brown ground beef, and chopped onion together. Cook on medium heat until the beef is brown, drain beef. Stir in taco seasoning mix, and water. Stir until well combined.
- Place pasta in a skillet or Dutch oven. Stir to combine the pasta and taco meat mixture. Stir in enchilada sauce and stir until all is well combined.
- Place the spaghetti into the baking dish. Top with shredded Mexican cheese, and place cubed cheese on the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and just beginning to brown.
- To serve top with green onion slices, black olive slices, or sour cream if desired.