Looking for an easy, delicious ground sausage recipe for a busy weeknight dinner or even an early morning breakfast? Sis’s Sausage Casserole is a perfect make-ahead dinner your entire family will enjoy.
Make-ahead Casserole Tips
When it comes to making a make-ahead dish, casseroles are at the top of the easiest to make list. Casseroles make great family breakfasts, dinners or holiday pot-luck dishes.
Tips for preparing a make-ahead casserole:
- Most casseroles can be made ahead of time. Put all the ingredients together and chill in the refrigerator before cooking. Take out 20-30 minutes before putting in the oven.
- Give your casserole more flavor by topping it with something special before baking. For example, buttered bread crumbs, shredded cheese, crumbled bacon or even French fried onions making a great casserole topping.
- If you are preparing a casserole for a potluck or dinner party, use a disposable foil pan so you can leave any leftovers at the party.
- When transporting a casserole, insulate the casserole inside kitchen towels. Wrap it around the casserole to keep warm if you don’t already have an insulated container. Casseroles are good for 2 hours at room temperature.
Sis’s Sausage Casserole
When making Sis’s Sausage Casserole you will need your favorite 9×13 inch casserole dish. This casserole is a ground sausage recipe but you will start with the pasta. Follow directions on making your macaroni pasta.
Here’s what else you’ll need:
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Bulk Sausage
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
Once the pasta is cooked and drained, set aside. Brown and drain the sausage and put it back in the skillet. Add the soup, milk, Velvetta, garlic powder and black pepper and mix together. Add the macaroni and combine. Bake for 30 minutes and you are ready to enjoy!
Similar Ground Sausage Recipes
What is your favorite occasion for a casserole? Let us know in the comments below. Make sure to sign up for our newsletter so you never miss another Copycat recipe. And share your creations by TAGGING US ON INSTAGRAM!
Sis's Sausage Casserole – enjoy an easy to make casserole tonight for dinner.
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1 cup of milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook and drain macaroni as directed on the package.
- Brown and drain sausage and return to skillet. Add soups, milk, Velveeta, garlic powder and black pepper. Stir in macaroni.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake @350 for 30 minutes.