Light up your life with this fantastic Mexican hot sauce. This sauce is similar to Pico Pica found on the west coast. I like it because it can be used on any food requiring a little nip to the tongue. I love Pico Pica but it’s hard to find here in the Midwest. Soooooo, after a lot of research, I decided to make my own tasty version. Try it. If you like hot sauce, you’ll love this one. A little goes a long way.
Ron’s Afterburner Mexican Hot Sauce
Thanks to Columbamio for sharing this hot sauce recipe.
Ron's Afterburner Mexican Hot Sauce
- 2 cups dried red chili peppers, sliced in half with seeds
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- Make sure the red chili peppers are the hot dried type with stems removed. Bring all ingredients, except tomato sauce, to a boil, turn down heat and simmer about ten minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Place in blender and add tomato sauce. Blend until smooth.