Easy smoked sausage hash is a dinner that is quick and easy for you to put together.
Smoked Sausage Hash is an easy meal to make any night of the week. Who doesn’t love a simple skillet supper that you can put together in a jiffy?
Maybe like you, I am often rushed when I get home from work. I want to put a hot dinner on the table, but sometimes the thought of cooking a whole dinner can seem daunting. I was recently shopping at Target when I had the idea of whipping up a skillet of Hillshire Farm® Smoked Beef Sausage with potatoes and onions. When I was a young girl I would go to my Grandmother’s house she would make a potato hash with leftover meats and whatever fresh vegetables she had on hand. What was created was always a delightful meal.
I like the varieties of Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausages. They have several tasty varieties. Hillshire Farm® Beef Rope Sausage, Hillshire Farm® Beef Polska Kielbasa, Hillshire Farm® Smoked Turkey Rope Sausage, Hillshire Farm® Meat Polska Sausage. Anyone of these sausages will make for a great potato hash. Since the sausage is fully cooked you only need to heat it through, you don’t have to spend all of the time cooking the sausage. So it makes it easy for you to cook a meal quickly.
I like to make my hash very simply, I like to add a few potatoes, some bell pepper, and some onion. You could add other vegetables like carrots, or even some celery. You may even want to top this skillet with an egg if desired. This way you could serve this hash up for breakfast or even dinner.
Easy Smoked Sausage Hash
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white onions, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 16 ounces sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- In a large skillet add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, diced white onion, chopped bell pepper, and diced potatoes.
- Cook potatoes until tender. Remove potatoes and onions from skillet. Add sausage to skillet and brown sausage. Add the potatoes and onions back to the skillet. Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.