Missouri Hamburger Hash is the perfect dish to make for the middle of the week, when you are busy, it’s easy to make this economic meal.
Hamburger Hash is combining ground beef with some items you have on hand. It’s a great way to cook food out of the pantry. I always have some canned tomatoes on hand. Canned tomatoes are versatile, and can be used in oh so many ways. This hamburger has is made only with ground beef, chopped onions, garlic if you like, and finally, lots of canned tomatoes.
This dish cooks both in the skillet, and it finishes up in the oven. Now, you could get by with simply heating this through on the stove top, but the flavor does improve in the oven, so if you have time, I would not omit this step.
You might wonder what you could serve the recipe I have served this with cooked rice, but any shape of cooked pasta would also work just fine. So enjoy.
Do you love hash? Check out these hash recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cans canned tomatoes 14.5 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and onion, garlic, and seasoning.
- Add in the canned tomatoes, and put into a casserole dish, cover. Bake at 35 degrees for 1 hour.
- You can sprinkle on cheese during the last 10 minutes of baking if you like.