You don’t need to buy a box of Hamburger helper for something this easy, and the taste is so much better! It’s quick and easy. You can eliminate many preservatives when you prepare recipes from scratch.
In no time at all, you can prepare a large meal for not a lot of money, and it doesn’t get better than that! You could swap out the cream of mushroom soup for
Ideas for changing the recipe
I suggest that you can go up to 2 pounds of ground beef if you really want a heartier dinner. You may also want to add a couple of small cans of mushrooms to this recipe. You may also want to switch the soup recipe for the Mushroom Soup with Roasted Garlic variety. It would work well too!
Don’t be afraid to swap out the pasta for noodles that you have on hand! I often use a recipe like this to use up the odd bits of pasta that I have left over.
Looking for more easy skillet dinners?
Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet Liption Onion Soup Mix
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Brown the ground beef and then drain off fat in a large skillet that has a lid. Add the onion soup mix and water and mushroom soup mix (if you want). Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add the Bow Tie pasta and bring back to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cover. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Take off heat and gently stir in the sour cream. Enjoy this quick and delicious version and you won’t go back to the box. If you would like to make more of a meal out of this, add some fresh broccoli or other vegetables.
- If you want a cheesy dish to use a cheese instead of the sour cream. Throw in some diced tomatoes and really enjoy something nice! Thanks to Maclll for sharing this recipe.