Growing up this was a favorite of mine. If you are looking to stretch your food dollars this is a good way to make a few ingredients go further.
Hash Brown Tater Tot Casserole
Hash brown-Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups Shredded Hash Browns, thawed
- 10.5 ounce Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese Velveeta is a great subsitute
- 2 pounds tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef with the onion, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder; drain fat. In a large mixing bowl, combine hash browns, soup, milk, and cheese, stirring well. Add ground beef. Place in a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Place tater tots in a single layer over entire casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until thoroughly heated and tater tots are crispy.