Hashbrown tater tot casserole serves up a double portion of potatoes. This delicious casserole is made with both tater tots and hashbrowns. It’s a hearty dinner recipe with ground beef and Cheddar cheese.
Who doesn’t love the comfort food dish of tater tot casserole? This recipe has both tater tots and hashbrowns, but it also contains cream of chicken soup, onions, lots of seasonings, onions, and shredded cheese. It doesn’t get much better than this!
Everyone Loves a Tater Tot Casserole
It’s so easy to make a tater tot casserole. For this recipe, you are first going to brown the ground beef with some onions and seasonings. Even if someone isn’t an experienced cook you can make a delicious casserole that the whole family will love.
Once the beef is browned, drain if desired, and then mix together the hash browns, cream of chicken soup, and shredded Cheddar cheese in a bowl.
Next, you will line up the tater tots in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Next, add the filling on top of the tater tots and bake the whole casserole. Enjoy!
When you serve this comforting casserole you can sit back and wait for the compliments. You could serve this with a salad for a great easy dinner. Should there happen to be any left over, this reheats very well!
Love hashbrowns and tater tots? Try these recipes
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
- Meat Loaf Tater Tot Casserole
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Cracker Barrel copycat hashbrown casserole
- Sonic Extreme Tots
Hashbrown Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups Shredded Hash Browns, thawed
- 10.5 ounce Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese Velveeta is a great subsitute
- 2 pounds tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef with the onion, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder; drain fat. In a large mixing bowl, combine hash browns, soup, milk, and cheese, stirring well. Add ground beef. Place in a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Place tater tots in a single layer over entire casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until thoroughly heated and tater tots are crispy.