Sonic Extreme Tater Tots are a treat you are going to love preparing at home. So delicious and so easy to make, these will be a great addition to your next game or movie night. Are you looking for copycat recipes from Sonic? Be sure to check out all of my copycat Sonic Drive Inn recipes.
Who doesn’t love Sonic? After all, they are America’s Drive Inn. They make so many delicious treats that you love. They make Ocean Water, delicious Onion Rings, and so many other great menu items. You can make many of these restaurant favorites at home.
The Sonic Extreme Tots are tater tots that are loaded. They are loaded with cheese, jalapeno slices, chili, and so much more. These are a great change from nachos.
You can buy tater tots at the grocery store, or you may even want to make them at home with this recipe. I like to cook my tater tots in one of three ways, I heat them in my oven, or I cook them up in my air fryer, or I will use my deep fryer.
The other ingredients you will need to make Sonic Extreme Tots are shredded cheddar cheese, chopped white onion, sliced pickled jalapeno peppers, ranch salad dressing, and chili. You could add more toppings to this if desired. It is completely up to you.
For the chili, if I have some homemade chili left over I may use that, if not I would use a can of Hormel brand chili with no beans.
Love Sonic? Check out these Copycat Recipes
- Coconut Cream Pie Shake
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Limeade
- Ultimate Meat and Cheese Breakfast Burrito
- Fritos Chili Cheese Wrap
- Onion Rings
- Cherry Limeade
Sonic Extreme Tots
- 12 ounces Tater Tots
- 15 ounces Hormel Chili No Beans (my personal favorite is the bean variety)
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon white onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pickle slides
- 1 tablespoon Ranch salad dressing
- Prepare the tater tots according to package directions. While the tater tots are heating up be sure to heat the chili in a small pan on the stove over low heat. When the tater tots are done place them in a small serving dish. Add chili, cheese, chopped white onions, pickled jalapeno slices, and drizzle with Ranch salad dressing.