The Sonic Strawberry Limeade is a delicious drink that you can enjoy all year round. The hardest part of this drink is the strawberry syrup, but I will show you how to make your own strawberry syrup.
Do you love copycat Sonic recipes? I have a lot of copycat Sonic Menu Items on the blog.
Sonic’s Vast Drink Menu
Sonic is America’s Drive Inn, and they have over 100,000 drink combinations. I am going to show you how you can take care of drinks that need strawberry syrup. I think one of the best things about recreating recipes at home is you can stay away from many preservatives and dyes.
Homemade Strawberry Syrup
Homemade Strawberry syrup has a beautiful color, and there is no dye in this recipe. My recipe is made with sugar, if you want to try making your version with a sugar-free substitute, please let me know how it goes. This recipe is tested only for sugar.
This is what you need for the strawberry syrup and strawberry limeade drink:
How to Make Strawberry Syrup
- You will begin with 1 pound of fresh strawberries. You will wash them, hull them, and cut those strawberries into small pieces.
- You will then cook the strawberries for about 20 minutes. What results is a beautiful colored juice, but it isn’t sweet yet.
- You will strain and remove the strawberries. YOu can compost them if you desire.
- Then add the sugar and heat just a bit more.
You can then store the syrup in a clean container. I recommend storing the syrup in the refrigerator. It is ok for a couple of weeks.
How to Make Strawberry Limeade
Next, we will make the Sonic Strawberry Limeade.
- You will grab a glass and fill it with ice, and then make your drink.
- Add about 1 part of strawberry syrup
- Add 4 parts of Sprite.
- Top with some lime slices or quarters, and there you go.
You can make strawberry lemonade, or even strawberry soda if you desire. I hope you enjoy this Sonic Strawberry Limeade.
Love Sonic drinks? Check out these copycat recipes
Popular Summer Drink Recipes
- Orange Julius
- Passion Fruit Lemonade
- Frosted Lemonade
- Starbucks Berry Tea
- McDonalds Fruit Smoothie
- Coolatta Dunkin Donuts
- Easy Iced Mocha Recipe
- Pina Colada Smoothie Recipe
- Italian Peach Tea
Sonic Strawberry Limeade
- 1 pound strawberries
- 32 ounces water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup Strawberry syrup
- 1 cup Sprite
- 4 slices lime
- 1 strawberry garnish
- To make strawberry syrup wash and hull your strawberries. Cut strawberries into quarters. Place strawberries into a pot and add 32 ounces of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes. Strain liquid, discard the strawberries. Add sugar, and cook for 5 additional minutes. Skim off any impurities on the top of the syrup. Pour into a container, and allow to cool. Store the syrup in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. To make the Strawberry Limeade, fill a glass with ice, add 1/4 cup strawberry syrup, 1 cup of Sprite, and stir well. Add lime wedges, and garnish with a strawberry if desired.