You can make hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot or any other pressure cooker. I love eggs made in the Instant Pot, they are cooked perfectly, and quickly.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hard-boiled eggs can be challenging. If you cook them too long, the egg yolks can get a green hue on them. If you don’t cook them long enough, you can’t use them for recipes.
Hard-boiled eggs make a great high protein snack. I also love them in creamed eggs on toast. You can make boil eggs. You can also cook them in an Instant Pot. The Instant Pot is a particular pressure cooker brand.
I love my Instant Pot! You can cook rice, steam, saute, slow cook, make yogurt, and use it as a pressure cooker. This kitchen appliance is one I use every single week.
It has a stainless steel insert so you can always scrub it nice and clean. So if you are wondering if you can make eggs in the Instant Pot, you can.
What I love about preparing Instant Pot hard cooked eggs is that they come out perfectly. If you aren’t super attentive, you may have eggs that are overcooked.
You can cook eggs in the Instant Pot easily. I like to cook mine a dozen at a time. I prefer either eggs from my mother’s chickens or organic eggs.
Let’s go over what you need to do to cook perfect hard boiled eggs in your Instant Pot.
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in an Instant Pot
- Place a wire rack in the bottom. I used the one that came with the Instant Pot. If you don’t have the one that came with the pot, you can use a stainless steel rack as long as it fits inside of the pot.
- Add 1 cup of water. The eggs steam instead of being fully submerged. This gives you an almost fluffy yolk on the inside.
- Place the eggs on the wire rack.
- Put the lid on.
- Set the pressure cooker to high and for 6 minutes.
- Do a quick release when the cooking cycle has completed.
- Immediately remove the eggs from the Instant Pot.
- If you are using a larger pressure cooker be sure to add in additional water. Go up to 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Make sure to do a quick release, and remove the eggs from the pot, this way they don’t accidentally overcook.
- Can’t get your InstantPot to seal? Remove the lid and check the silicone ring to make sure it is in place.
Frequently asked questions about cooking eggs in an Instant Pot
No, the Instant Pot works off of pressure, not strict cooking time. We are concerned about cooking time while the pot is under pressure.
Yes, I would increase the water to 1 1/2 cups.
If you want a runny yolk set the cooking time to 2 minutes. If you want a yolk that is soft but somewhat firm, set the cooking time to 3 minutes.
Recipes to Make with Hard Boiled Eggs
Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Corned Beef
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Risotto
- Instant Pot Stick of Butter Rice
- Instant Pot Tomato Soup
Check out more of my easy Instant Pot Recipes here on CopyKat!
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Place rack inside of an Instant Pot.
- Place eggs on the wire rack.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Put the lid on and seal the Instant Pot.
- Set pressure cooker on high for six minutes.
- When the cooking time is done, release the pressure with an instant release.
- Carefully remove the eggs from the pot, they will be very hot.
- If you are using a larger pressure cooker be sure to add in more water. Go up to 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Make sure to do a quick release and immediately remove the eggs from the pot. This way they don’t accidentally overcook.
- Can’t get your InstantPot to seal? Remove the lid and check the silicon ring to make sure it is in place.