You may wonder how to pressure cook corned beef in an Instant Pot. I think by pressure cooking a corned beef you can prepare a very tender corned beef quickly and easily.
I recently tried to pressure cook corned beef in an Instant Pot, I have to tell you it was very tender and completely delicious.
Corned beef can be difficult to prepare. Corned beef is made from brisket which is naturally a tough piece of meat. It is important to cook it low and slow which is the most common cooking method.
To keep it from being tough, you can also cook it with high pressure. If you pressure cook corned beef, it breaks down the connective tissue which makes the beef tough. Plus it significantly reduces the amount of cooking time. Having tender, flavorful corned beef in less time is a good thing!
What I really like about cooking the beef in the Instant Pot, is that it is very easy to do, and the results are a very tender corned beef. You can cook it in beef broth, water, or beer – it’s your choice. I have done each way, and I have liked all of those ways.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
With this corned beef brisket, you could serve a simple horseradish cream sauce. See the recipe below.
If you have any leftover corned beef brisket the next day, make a corned beef breakfast sandwich!
If you have not tried the Instant Pot, I highly recommend them. They can saute, steam, make porridge, yogurt, pressure cook, and slow cook.
Looking for great Instant Pot recipes? Be sure to check these out!
- Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Pot Sausage Pasta
- Instant Pot Beef and Potatoes
- How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs In Instant Pot
- Best Ever Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Pulled Chicken
- Easy Pulled Pork Recipe
Popular Beef Recipes
- Beef Shanks Recipe
- How to Cook a Roast in the Oven
- Best Way to Bake Corned Beef
- Braised Beef Short Ribs Recipe
How to Pressure Cook Corned Beef in an Instant Pot
- 5 pounds corned beef
- 1 3/4 cup water beef broth or flat beer can be used
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- Place corned beef into instant pot, add seasoning packet, and liquid. Close the lid and set on the meat setting for 90 minutes. When the active time has finished, allow the pot to do a natural release. If desired make the horseradish cream sauce by combining the 1 cup sour cream and 1 tablespoon of horseradish by stirring together.